Eilat diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II:
Thanks for that. They told me that my only option for my one day is a 'Sinai Boat Dive.' Do you happen to know what exactly that entails? Also, they offered a 2 or 3 tank trip. Do you think the 3rd tank is worth the expense? Thanks!

I assume you mean at AquaSport. Yes they have a wonderful 1 day boat, and its worth it to do all 3 dives. They take you both ways over the border making it fairly quick and easy, and feed you a hot lunch. The dives are beautiul and the divemasters are good at finding stuff. They also have 3 great shore dives in Taba. I think CoralSea also has a day boat, but I've never done it with them.You could call them to find out. I went with AS several times.
Of course your other option for 1 day is to go around to the dive shops (they are mostly a 2 minute walk from each other) and find a buddy who is familiar with the sites and just dive. It's mostly easy shore dives with lots of life.
Enthusiastically,
Barbara

BTW, JaiBar is right, you don't have to book this way ahead, a day or 2 before you want to dive is plenty.

Ok. My thinking was that since it was around Passover time, that things would book up.

SeaHorseWoman:
IBTW, JaiBar is right, you don't have to book this way ahead, a day or 2 before you want to dive is plenty.

Paco II:
Ok. My thinking was that since it was around Passover time, that things would book up.

If you'll be there during Passover week you're right---Though it depends on what you want. no problem with shore dives, but you need to book the boat dives in advance.

48 hours ahead will be fine even at Passover....

Thanks for the info everyone, much much appreciated. Looks like the plan is that I will do a 3-dive Sinai boat dive. At the moment I am leaning towards Aqua Sport, since they are still the only ones to reply to my emails, so they get points for that.

It bums me out to have only one day available for diving, but I'll take what I can get :)

Paco II:
Thanks for the info everyone, much much appreciated. Looks like the plan is that I will do a 3-dive Sinai boat dive. At the moment I am leaning towards Aqua Sport, since they are still the only ones to reply to my emails, so they get points for that.

It bums me out to have only one day available for diving, but I'll take what I can get :)

I have been several times in Aqaba in the last weeks. In my opinion, it is much easier and faster border crossing (compared to Taba) and Aqaba has as good dive sites as the ones in Sinai- but closer and by far less crowded (although the ones you'll visit with Aqua Sport's boat are not popular/crowded destinations).

It is a good alternative with much better dives sites than Eilat.

Hi Paco II

Try another club (Coral sea divers) nice one, good service (my favorite one..)
Sitting in front of the coral reserve - one of the best dive sites in Eilat.

If you have one diving day stay in Eilat !! don't waste time to cross any border during Passover....

info@coralsea.co.il
yuval@coralsea.co.il

The AquaSport boat goes to sites with more interesting topography. Sites like Coral City and Ras Hamugabila are different from what you see in Eilat. That being said, I think the corals and fish in Taba are better.

I will be in Eilat on April 7th 2007 and have been trying to decide If I should take the Aquasport 1 day Sinai boat trip or Just stay in Eilat and see the Coral Island/Japanese Gardens.
It is a holiday and I'm not sure if that will be a problem. Ofleisher suggests not to cross the border. Not sure how that works since the boat leaves from Eilat.
Also, we are a mixed group of Israeli's and Americans. Are there different visa requirements?

Unfortunately, I have only one day to dive so, I have to choose one. What do you think?

Hi oda72,
for one diving day stay in Eilat, to cross the border & return will take too long.
Stay in town have 3 shore dives to the coral beach, Satil wreck etc. take it easy, it is an holiday after all.....you can use aquasport or any other club around.
when I'm in Eilat I'm useing www.coralsea.co.il in front of the coral reserve.
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom