Egypt suspends diving activities in Ras Mohammed after shark attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just booked a live aboard going to Ras Mohammed in 3 weeks time, you got my attention!! And How exactly is one supposed to behave to avoid unfriendly responses ? :jaws:

Last time I saw a shark near by Sharm el Sheik (as far as I can remember) was not at Ras Mohamed, but at Tower (years ago) ... a small longimanus curious to see those funny things jumping from a boat into the water... :rofl3:

don't be afraid...

Last time I saw a shark near by Sharm el Sheik (as far as I can remember) was not at Ras Mohamed, but at Tower (years ago) ... a small longimanus curious to see those funny things jumping from a boat into the water... :rofl3:

don't be afraid...

:D:D:D thanks!

If you get to the point where they are bumping you where you have to push them away, then, generally speaking, it would be a good idea to leave the water. Sharks are very curious and will circle around and check you out and that's all OK, but if it gets to the point where they are bumping you, they have lost any fear and the possibility of a test bite, because that is the only way they can test, is a coin toss from happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom