Effect of "Arthur"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strima77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like the storm off the SE FL that may become "Arthur" is stirring things up. I was planning on diving Pompano on Wednesday, but don't want to drive over from SW FL if its going to be real rough, or low viz. Any guess as to conditions then, even assuming the storm will head north on Tuesday? Thanks for any input.

Get Magic Seaweed on your phone.. it is pretty accurate about surf conditions. Even though it's a surfing app, it's pretty dang good for beach diving.

at the moment, Magicseaweed looks wrong. Tuesday and Wednesday will not be great dive days. Wednesday may be better depending on how fast the storm moves.
We can expect high seas, intense squalls, heavy thunderstorms and very strong wind gusts.
FYI....I happen to be a Florida Emergency Manager. My NWS office seems to think the weather will be bad so I ain't diving until Thursday!

so sounds like friday the fourth of July is a go for diving...i hope!

so sounds like friday the fourth of July is a go for diving...i hope!

yup...Friday and the weekend looks good for diving. In Florida that is.

it's tracking towards New York (or close enough)

It is a west wind. the swells are small now in jupiter... I doubt the storm is going to be much of a problem in PB county.

l011727_.jpg

I am flying down to lbts on Thursday. Hope all is well and we can get wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 beach dives today in Ft. Lauderdale. Flat. Flat. Flat. Vis 40ft, though dropped slightly as the day progressed (outgoing tide). No current, minimal surge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom