Eel & friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Did two wonderful dives yesterday. Haven't been thru all the pictures yet, but some of my favourites were of this little eel with attendants...

I love the one with both shrimp, but I found it very hard to get all three in focus - heck, I found it hard to get both the eel and single shrimp in focus!

They were in a recessed ledge with a small bit that jutted out - if I had a strobe or a bigger rig I never would have gotten anything!

Nice!

Like the second one best - the composition is better and the eel is eyeing out the shrimp. Third one would have been better if you had got the full shrimps in the frame.

LOL - LukeRob, I totally agree and was totally frustrated trying...you don't know how long I spent hanging out there waiting for both shrimps to be out at the same time! I took about four photos of all three of them and this was the only one that remotely has them all in focus...the little buggers were determined to stay down behind that little lip of coral they are standing on. I would have given a lot to get more of them in!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Great PICS! Thanks.

Caption: Nag, Nag, Nag....you guys get off my back!

Great photos!

excellent pictures!

and no, nothing eats "dedicated" cleaners. now, part-time cleaners (such as the juveniles of some species) clean at their own risk, as they sometimes end up as a snack.

H2Andy:
and no, nothing eats "dedicated" cleaners.

I'm sure the ingested Lysmata in my eel tank would be happy to hear that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom