Edmonton Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey, Anybody here from the Edmonton Area?

I'm looking into getting into more local dives (and getting into a drysuit...)

There's a few of us. Too bad you didn't post this yesterday, I would've invited you to our club meeting tonight.

The Alberta Underwater Council Aquathon is happening this weekend in Jasper if you're up for that (Alberta Underwater Council for more information). Otherwise Twin has just opened up last weekend so we'll be doing evening weekday dives there and the odd Saturday and Sunday dives as well.

Otherwise Twin has just opened up last weekend so we'll be doing evening weekday dives there and the odd Saturday and Sunday dives as well.

Ahhhhh...Twin Lakes. Oh how I miss the nothingness :wink:

I'm out of town on business right now anyways so I'll have to miss out regardless... I'll be back in early June, so hopefully sometime then.

What's the best route for getting into drysuit diving around Edmonton? (I'm hoping for an instructor to take me on a dive or two to teach me the nuances of drysuit use as opposed to just "checking the box")

What's the best route for getting into drysuit diving around Edmonton? (I'm hoping for an instructor to take me on a dive or two to teach me the nuances of drysuit use as opposed to just "checking the box")

Buy a suit and then pay an LDS to have an instructor take you out or find a mentor and just do some dives. Either way is OK.

Ahhhhh...Twin Lakes. Oh how I miss the nothingness :wink:

Nothing? What about the giant fiberglass chicken, the parking meter, the bubble, and the old shack floating mid water. Are they all gone?:D And at least 2 or 3 burbot.

Nothing? What about the giant fiberglass chicken,

Completely refurbished last year and looks better than it did 20 years ago.

the parking meter
Still there

the bubble
sometimes there, sometimes not. Both have been sunk and raised a few times over the years

and the old shack floating mid water.
If that's the same one I'm thinking of it's been on the bottom for at least 16 years.

And at least 2 or 3 burbot.

Still there!

Added recently-

Speed boat added last year (?) by Northwest Scuba.

Midwater floating platform added a couple years ago by John McCuaig, Rob Clarke, et al. Sunk to the bottom by a dimwit LDS owner when he planted all his student on one side. An idiot proof solution is proving difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom