Editor problem with Safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

When editing a reply, if I click in the text and try to select anything, the editor immediately scrolls down past the edit window, all the way to the bottom of the page. Only having this problem in Safari, works fine with other browsers. OS X 10.11.2, Safari 9.0.2.

This problem was the same with the old version of ScubaBoard, didn't report it then because I thought that it might get fixed with the update.

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
I just clicked edit and edited your post. OSx El Capitan Safari 9.2 No issues. If you have any addons or plugins try disabling them. Since my testing reveals no issues, there is nothing more I can really do.

upload_2016-1-16_17-47-44.png

It happened to me with the old SB. Started maybe in the last month.

I was pleasantly surprised it didn't happen with this one when everything got started. I just assumed it was a Mac thing. Then it started to happen again. Oh well.

Me, too. Started noticing it last month or two. Just happened to me while editing a post a few minutes ago. Doesn't do it all the time, tho. I suspect it might be related to having flash disabled on my machines or possibly the version of java. Running OS 10.11.4 beta now (Safari 9.1), but saw the problem with earlier, non-beta versions of 10.11.

BTW, where did you get Safari 9.2?

It's not Java. FWIW - Javascript isn't Java, and the Javascript used is supported by Safari.

It's probably the flash on the page if there's a flash ad.

thanks

So, if three of us are having the problem with Safari, is there anything else can be done? I use Safari for general web browsing, but this bug makes it hard to edit longer posts. I don't think that I have any Safari plugins or add-ons. And it's a bit annoying to have to switch web browsers for a post...

Ha...backspace...backspace....it's tedious to be sure

Just to help asessing it ...
Me too.

I have this issue both on Yosemite, and Mou tan Lion OS X with safari updated to latest patch level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom