Editing videos....what program do you use???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are stuck using a PC, I'd echo comments made here that Sony Vegas as a first choice.

If you can afford it, get yerself a Mac and you will fall in love with iMovie.

I've had Final Cut Pro on the shelf for a few years now. I told myself when I outgrew iMovie as a videographer I'd switch to Final Cut Pro. I am still using iMovie. Go figure.

You also get Garage Band on your Mac which is so easy to mix your sound with... once you go Mac, you never go back.

Does anyone use Avid Studio - not the Pinnacle version, just Avid Studio? I saw it compared favorably to Sony Vegas (not Pro).

Cyberlink Power Director 64 bit is at least 3x faster at production than my MacBook Pro running iMovie or FCE. It renders in 10 minutes what takes about 45 minutes in iMovie and I can start working immediately when I import video into timeline without waiting hours for rendering. Powerdirector makes shadow files in the background that speed up the editing but you can start rough editing almost immediately.
Must have 64 bit windows OS

Mac folks always dig on PCs just the way it is
Premiere pro on a good PC is as good as anything out there
Premiere elements if you are on a budget

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Still haven't figured out a quicky way to white balance...

Try to use wb filters on your camera before filming. It saves alot of work in editing.
Fo softwares i use pinnacle and after effect. Crazy love the special effects :eyebrow:

I've used Avid and Pinnacle for years due to the ease of use. In the last couple of weeks I have started using Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro. You can do some pretty good color correction in Premier Pro but have found After Effects is a little better for the task (but I am just learning them so don't hold me to it). I have the Adobe Cloud or I wouldn't be using both programs, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom