Eden Rock-Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devil505

Reaction score
My wife & I (& 2 other non-divers) are going on a cruise in early February stopping at Grand Cayman, Roatan, & Cozumel (also Belize but I have opted out of a dive there as the distance to the dive site sounds to far). I have decided that I'll take the ship's dive excursions in both Roatan & Cozumel but am considering a beach dive in Grand Cayman as Eden Rock dive center says they are withing easy walkming distance of the pier. Does anyone know if the beach (near the Eden Rock dive center) is a nice one (& close to shopping) so that my wife & friends would enjoy it while I am diving?

There's plenty of shopping, this is all near downtown. (There will always be shopping anyplace cruise passengers arrive. :wink: ) I don't think there's any kind of beach there or close, it's ironshore. They could snorkel though.

Eden Rock dive shop is located on the south side of downtown George Town, easy to get to from the Cruise ships.

There are two dive areas located side by side in front of the dive shop, Eden Rock and the Devil's Grotto. The site is mapped infront of the dive shop and is fairly shallow (under 40') with lots of swim throughs. This is good fun shore dive with easy access, onsite tanks, generally excellant visibility and lots to see.

As mentioned above, it is not a beach area

No beach at or near Eden Rock. Eden Rock is a couple hundred yards south of the cruise terminals and is very near the best shopping on the island.

For a beach, you could take a cab up to Seven Mile Beach, but there's not much shore diving to be had along the beach. Less concentrated shopping too, though there is some up and down West Bay Road.

Back
Top Bottom