Trip Report Cruise ship shore dive 3/28/22 Eden rock dive center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcp2

15’ vis is a good day in the pond
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I worked with Mario via email to arrange a two tank guided dive of devils grotto and Eden rock. Total cost 150 USD plus twenty for tip for the guide. They waited for the ship to tender as I was late. Only one ship in port (ours) and I was only diver with guide, so very nice. I also met some friendly non cruisers who were either snorkeling or has just finished diving.

Two good dives with 40-60 foot visibility, nice sun, temperature 83, max depth devils grotto 50 feet, Eden rock 40 feet, each around 55 minutes in length, finished with 800 and 1100 in reserve.

Lots to see, two eagle rays feeding with 10 feet of bottom, hawksbill turtle swimming in arms length beside us, nurse shark juvenile, tarpon in swim through, small Goliath grouper, fish cleaning station, garden eels, squadron of squid in shallows, lots of juvenile fish in coral.

Only caveat is that some of the swim throughs are probably real overheads, as a diver can’t fit through the openings above. You have to be confident with your buoyancy control as some of them are ascending, or you have to be okay bumping into stuff. A light is useful to look into the holes in the reef.

Eden rock dive centre is great although Macabuca and Lighthouse point seem to get most of the attention. We’ve seen squadrons of squid up close, octopi as well as all you’ve mentioned. It’s a must do dive when I am there.

I much prefer Lighthouse and Macabuca but on the other hand, Eden Rock is walking distance from town. The others are a long expensive cab ride.

I’m frugal, I take the 🚌. Take mesh bag with gear and towels for the seat. A few times I’ve had locals see us poors and offer us a ride into town from LHP or Macabuca.

Nice report! Thinking of going back to GC for a week in September. I remember doing those swim throughs the first time and thinking the exact same thing "these really are overhead environments" and not feeling very comfortable. I had to be coaxed into entering. Didn't feel my guide adequately explained what we going to do and I mentioned it to him at the end.

Back
Top Bottom