Ebay undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not have the Antartica suit, but if you read the posts from that thread (especially the last pages) you'll see comments about how thick that garment is .
I have the 4Way Flex with a single 320g layer ... http://cgi.ebay.com/4-WAY-FLEX-DRY-SUIT-UNDERGARMENT-SIZE-SMALL_W0QQitemZ130272626607QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130272626607&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
and the quilted 3 layer (2 x 250g + nylon outer layer) .. http://cgi.ebay.com/QUILTED-DRY-SUI...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318
Oh, I asked Ron before purchase and it is two layers of 250g/sqm fleece

not that it's the best but I feel they are fine and you can't beat the price, and if I feel the need to upgrade at some point to a high quality (expensive) undergarment, I havn't spent a whole lot on them.

And Ron will get right back to you with any info or help that you need

I have the 4 way Antarctic. The inner layer is a stretchy nylon type material & the outside is a woolly fleece type material. I typically use it for diving in waters 42- 46 degrees (the bottom of a quarry). I wish it were just a tad thicker, but it's not too bad. I just get a little chilled (but, then I get cold easy anyway). Of course, how warm it keeps you, is very individual. I like it for the fact that is not as binding as the pinnacle undergarments I also have, it gives a bit more freedom of movement. Pinnacles really aren't that too badly priced either. I have 3 Pinnacles (650, 400 & 150gm) & 3 or 4 from Ron (the 350, 150 (I think) & a 50gm). & I have I could personally do without the pockets on the 350, as they add more bulk around the hips (which is one place I really do not need any more bulk :blush: , if you know what I mean). If I knew someone who could do some sewing, I might have them taken out.

I hade the sleeves of my 4Way Flex shortened by 2" and had them remove the pockets :)

Good idea DB. Yes, mine is a little long on me both arms & legs, but for my girth, I have to have an XL. Might make it even more flexible inside my suit. Might take it to a dry cleaner that does alterations. To date I have had no problems with it trapping air & not being able to release it.

Hey, D_B, Ron's stuff is well-liked and low-priced, but, as a user, maybe you can answer a question or two about the "4-Way Antarctica" fleece suit.

Ron's ebay listing:

4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT SIZES LARGE - eBay (item 130277373488 end time Jan-22-09 04:41:24 PST)

Ron's eBay listing describes the suit as constructed of 320g/m fleece and two layers. That would make it almost a half-inch thick. Is it that thick or is it actually a single layer of double-sided fleece, which is typical of fleece construction? (This will save me having to ask Ron himself.)

Has the fleece of your own Antarctica suit flattened much and/or pilled much from use? Does it seem about equal to Polartec in quality?

Personally, for water temps above 45F degrees I'm a fan of using layers of Polartec outdoor wear, but if Ron's Antarctica is that thick and if it seems to maintain its loft, then it is indeed a great deal for under $100 shipped!

For the OP, if the Antarctica is actually two layers of 320gm/m fleece, it may be too warm above 55F degrees. Individual fleece garments, layered as needed, can be more versatile and give you a much wider temp range for your drysuit, something I really love. (I don't own a wetsuit anymore....)

If the Antarctica is a single layer of 320g/m fleece, it will be quite versatile when additional layers are added for colder temps.

Either way, one can't find a better value than Ron offers. :)

Just my two cents.

Dave C

I have the Antartica undergarment and it is 2 layers of fleece. It is quite thick. I have used mine down to around 42* with no problems at all. It would be to warm for me above 55. I actually really like his undergarments. The two layers are really only sewn together at the cuffs, neck and zipper, so it can be a little tough to get into the undergarment, espicaly if you are trying to move to quickly. You may start to put your foot in and the inner layer will slide right past the outter layer. Very minory issue, and did not bother me after the first or second time I put it on. I personally only have the Antartica, but I bought a 4-way stretch for a buddy of mine and it looked to be a nice undergarment as well for warmer water dives.

If I ever need another undergarment I will be going through Ron again. The prices just cannot be beat for undergarments of good quality.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom