Ebay undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ereediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just placed my order for a dry suit. I purchased a DUI TLS 350. I got a decent deal on a signature series so I went with it. Anyway my question is, has anyone purchased one of the un-branded undergarments listed on ebay? I ordered my suit with the now discontinued undergarments. I do not want to pay 400 + for what they offer now. My LDS is tyring to work a deal if this is not to my liking I was thinking about the ebay stuff, so any information would be nice.

Yes I have. They are decent undergarments at a reasonable price. I now have about 7 of them. Everything from very heavy ones for cold water diving to light ones for warm water diving. Just make sure you get the right size, as it's hard to fit you properly over the internet.

Without knowing which ebay item your referring to, its a little hard to say. I did buy an undergarment off ebay it was called antarctic undergarment or something like that. Price was good, but I found I need to add quite a lot more lead. So if you try its one and don't like it, your not out a ton of cash.
In the end, I ended up biting the bullet and buying Xerotherm Arctic. I have been happy with it.
Al

Do a search here for "cheap ebay undergarments" a lots of people here bought them including me, and are quite happy. I have a single layer and double layer 4 way strech fleece models, he made custom for me, and I think they are great for the money.

Dan

This is what I tell all my students: "Real" drysuit undies are nice, but not necessary. You can go to EMS, REI, or any other outdoor outfitter and pick up polartech pants and jackets in a variety of weights for substantially less money than even bargain DS undies. Layer them appropriately for the temperature and you're good to go. I only wear "real" undies (DUI powerstretch 300) during the winter months, the rest of the time I'm in EMS.

I just placed my order for a dry suit. I purchased a DUI TLS 350. I got a decent deal on a signature series so I went with it. Anyway my question is, has anyone purchased one of the un-branded undergarments listed on ebay? I ordered my suit with the now discontinued undergarments. I do not want to pay 400 + for what they offer now. My LDS is tyring to work a deal if this is not to my liking I was thinking about the ebay stuff, so any information would be nice.

I ordered one of them as well. You get what you pay for. The stitching isn't great, but for the money not too bad.

They aren't bad, but the aren't made as well as the branded ones. Also the one I got is really, REALLY lofty in that it traps air and is really difficult to get it to vent off completely.

I now have a DUI 300G which I like a lot, and a Pinnacle that I like, too.

Do a search here and you'll find all sorts of answers to the undies question. Bottom line, I've gone the route of piecing stuff together, but nothing works as well as the real deal.

I have two, one of the 4Way Flex 320g/sqm ones and a Quilted 3 Layer (2x250g/sqm) one and this one was custom sized at no extra charge ... Ron is great to deal with and you can not beat the price

here's the thread ... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/174828-cheap-ebay-drysuit-undergarments-17.html ... for sizing info .. you can scroll back a few pages

Hey, D_B, Ron's stuff is well-liked and low-priced, but, as a user, maybe you can answer a question or two about the "4-Way Antarctica" fleece suit.

Ron's ebay listing:

4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT SIZES LARGE - eBay (item 130277373488 end time Jan-22-09 04:41:24 PST)

Ron's eBay listing describes the suit as constructed of 320g/m fleece and two layers. That would make it almost a half-inch thick. Is it that thick or is it actually a single layer of double-sided fleece, which is typical of fleece construction? (This will save me having to ask Ron himself.)

Has the fleece of your own Antarctica suit flattened much and/or pilled much from use? Does it seem about equal to Polartec in quality?

Personally, for water temps above 45F degrees I'm a fan of using layers of Polartec outdoor wear, but if Ron's Antarctica is that thick and if it seems to maintain its loft, then it is indeed a great deal for under $100 shipped!

For the OP, if the Antarctica is actually two layers of 320gm/m fleece, it may be too warm above 55F degrees. Individual fleece garments, layered as needed, can be more versatile and give you a much wider temp range for your drysuit, something I really love. (I don't own a wetsuit anymore....)

If the Antarctica is a single layer of 320g/m fleece, it will be quite versatile when additional layers are added for colder temps.

Either way, one can't find a better value than Ron offers. :)

Just my two cents.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom