eBay auction do's and dont's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight once bubbled...
The FTC reported that the largest class of consumer complaints in 2002 involved identity theft. The second largest was internet auctions. Something to think about.
And the purpose of this thread was to share tips on using eBay - including how to avoid ripoffs. Prior to the advent of the internet, the largest consumer complaints were probably insurance, and second hand car related. Didn't stop people from buying insurance or cars.

leadweight once bubbled...
I have yet to use Ebay, and what I have read above confirms a lot of what I was afraid of. OTOH, I have a bunch of stuff around here that I would like to move out of the house. Hmmmmm...
Is there risk involved? Sure. But I have completed over 100 eBay auctions with no significant losses. Yes, once or twice I have had to hound a seller to ship my item or received an item that was not as good as described. On the other hand, I have sold many items I no longer needed and would otherwise have taken up space until they were finally thrown away. I have also purchased and enjoyed many items I would otherwise not have been able to obtain because I am unwilling to pay retail for them. The benefits make the risk of an occasional loss more than worthwhile.

I hate being the highest bidder all week up until 2 seconds before the end of the auction.

Use caution when asking a seller to pull an auction to make an immediate purchase. He may report you to eBay and you could get suspended.

Do not use capital and bold letters screaming SOLD AS IS!!!!! NO RETURN!!!!! ALL SALES FINAL!!!!

All that tells me is : DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!!

Offer a refund if goods are not " As Described" and then tell the truth about the goods. If you have crap, call it crap. They will buy anything.
typoid (145)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom