Eating in Bonaire??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laurendell:
Capriccio, I think. I thought the food was good here (very good wine list), but feels strange to have Italian when you're in the islands (especially when you are a Jersey Italian girl yourself :wink: )

I would check out Wil's Grill. In the center of town, so doesn't have the great view like Richard's, but best meal we had of the week by far. Chocolate lava torte..... ohhh it's good. Good drinks, too.

We enjoyed Rose Inn in Rincon for lunch, but this place is very local and maybe not for everyone. Goat Stew... mmmm...

Where was will's grill near in town, that is one i missed and cant place where it is at.

The seafood thermidore at It Rains Fishes was my favorite meal during our Bonaire trip. There was another little Italian spot where I had the pasta with gorgonzola sauce and you could add shrimp or chicken (I had shrimp) - it wasn't far from the Casablanca paradilla. There is a local-run pizza spot just across from the KFC which beats American fast food hands down - anything that employs cheeses on the Dutch islands were great. The KFC there won my award for slowest fast food on the planet as I had ordered and consumed my pizza long before my wife's KFC order came close to being ready.

We enjoyed many of the other restaraunts listed in this thread also.

WarmWaterDiver:
The seafood thermidore at It Rains Fishes was my favorite meal during our Bonaire trip. There was another little Italian spot where I had the pasta with gorgonzola sauce and you could add shrimp or chicken (I had shrimp) - it wasn't far from the Casablanca paradilla. There is a local-run pizza spot just across from the KFC which beats American fast food hands down - anything that employs cheeses on the Dutch islands were great. The KFC there won my award for slowest fast food on the planet as I had ordered and consumed my pizza long before my wife's KFC order came close to being ready.

We enjoyed many of the other restaraunts listed in this thread also.

I agree with KFC being ssllloooowwwww. We wanted something quick one day and man did we make a huge mistake going there. I think they had to go and chase the chickens down first and kill em before they were able to cook em.

scubaaaronh:
Where was will's grill near in town, that is one i missed and cant place where it is at.

If my memory is correct (this was 6 months ago), it was a block before the super market. If you're coming into town from the north, you go around a sharp bend to the left and it was right on the left there.

Since you are staying at Buddy Dive the Breakfast package can't be beat. They start at 6 am and it is buffet so there is no waiting. They do have a short order cook for omelettes and eggs to desires.

The lunch menu at the beach bar is also good.

Kurt Gosden and his Lions Den Restaurant are wonderful. They also have a nice bar for after diving as does Buddy Dive Beach Bar and Capt Don's (next door). There are a myriad of nice restaurants in Kralendijk.

Our plan is usually a big breakfast - sandwiches made in the room for lunch - and most nights dinner out or in the room made by us. Sunset picnics are absoutely primo along the northern cliffs or Pink Beach. Also a blanket, bread, cheese, and wine are romance at its finest atop Seru Lagu while you watch the island lights and the shooting stars.

There are several nice grocery stores as can be found by asking Google "Bonaire groceries" The fresh fruits and vegetables and meats are mostly what you would find in a grocery store back home. The fruit peddlers near the town pier can produce some great deals if you are adventurous and know a little spanish.

Be adventurous and try places that you see along the roadside. Rose Inn in Rincon, Jibe City, Maiky's Snack are just a few to name. They are too numerous to count.

Take a collapsable cooler, zip lock bags, etc so you can pack a lunch. Also take a tube of 16 oz cups - It is hard if not impossible to find larger drinking cups there.

Take some of the pop-up caps for water and soda bottles. When you get there buy a cheap 2 liter drink or two and pour out the cheap contents. Refill the bottle with water and use the pop-cap as a portable solar heated shower in your truck.

Have a great time.

TT

Bump. Can't wait to try all of these restaurants. Two weeks in early December. Great suggestions all the way around. Sunset picnics are a fun concept. Tropical lightning storms in the distance. Shooting stars in the heavens.

miesemer:
We also spent a few nights at the Lions Den Restaurant during our stay at Buddy in November. The food is good, the prices are ok and if you like ales, this is the only place I found to get one. Kirk keeps Old Speckled Hen on hand.

Now that....is civilized. :D

Just got back from 2 weeks in Bonaire. Our favorite eating establishments were:

Richards (Mango daiquiries, fresh fish, pier table) (heads up, 15% tip included-don't double tip)
Cactus Blue (lots of great entrees to choose from)
Pasa Bon Pizza-some of the best pizza I have eaten in years.

Go to Bonaire Talk to get lots more detailed information

Back
Top Bottom