Easy weekend dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wguy00

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
My girlfriend and I are sitting on all our rented gear for our AOW class. Classes got rescheduled and we are now getting certified next weekend in Catalina. This will just not do! Does anyone have any good spots or ideas for an EASY dive (or two) in So Cal for this weekend? I have never done a surf entry and she's only done a couple. I'm looking for LA county, Orange county or north San Diego if it's possible. We can't do a boat dive. Hotel rooms in Avalon are expensive enough as is. I can't add a boat dive on top of that. If you have any ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

Hi all,
My girlfriend and I are sitting on all our rented gear for our AOW class. Classes got rescheduled and we are now getting certified next weekend in Catalina. This will just not do! Does anyone have any good spots or ideas for an EASY dive (or two) in So Cal for this weekend? I have never done a surf entry and she's only done a couple. I'm looking for LA county, Orange county or north San Diego if it's possible. We can't do a boat dive. Hotel rooms in Avalon are expensive enough as is. I can't add a boat dive on top of that. If you have any ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

Hello,
Check out our Forum:

The Beach Crabs

We do 2 to 3 dives weekly all over SoCal.

Hope to see at a dive.

Thanks,
Rick

My hubby and I will be at Vet's this Friday....generally an easy entry and pretty decent dive, although it's supposed to be a much better night dive (we're going down specifically to work on buoyancy and not necessarily be searching for cool things for these dives...).

Some places that are NOT easy (i.e. stay away from here): White Point/Royal Palms (rocky entry), Marineland (also rocky entry, don't know from experience though), the dive site in Laguna Beach off Mountain Rd and Cress St (super long surface swim).

The South Coast Divers dive Laguna every Saturday morning (meet at the Laguna Hills mall at 7:30am and go from there). They're definitely a good intro to beach diving in Laguna. Also, the Beach Crabs, of course, as Rick pointed out above. I have not dove with them yet, but do plan on it in the near future.

Good luck :D

Thanks for the info guys. I checked it all out and made plans to dive Vet's. Unfortunately the girlfriend had both a wedding to go to and a baby shower (not the same person) to attend on Saturday and Sunday so we never made it out. Oh well. I guess we need to wait for next weekend :(

post deleted by someone who should read things more closely...

Not as much to see AT Vet's...
(you just have to know what you are seeing)

Google Maps
enter " Shaw's Cove Laguna Beach, Ca. " in the field.

Also check other threads about Shaw's in this forum.

Happy Diving! -N

Back
Top Bottom