Easy-Don Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried a set and agree. I switched the glove liners to a thinner pair made from polypro. I find it easier to get my dry-suit wrist seal to fit over it. Getting the second glove seal to roll on flat is extremely difficult without the dexterity of an ungloved hand. IMHO, the glove seals are too long to unroll flat. I have to find someone without gloves on to help me. I have only dived to 50 feet. My hands were dry, but still cold in 52 deg. F water temp. By the way do you put your glove liners under your suit seal; it is supposed to help with squeeze?

I tried them this weekend, and while they did keep me dry - they were not easy to get on and off (maybe a learning curve). I was only at 40 feet, and am a little concerned as to how they will squeeze past 100.

as suggested above you should def keep the gloves under your suit seal to allow for equalization. hopefully the gloves are long enough to reach under the seal. i am still waiting for mine. been 4 or 5 weeks now.
i have heard of people using a diluted solution of dish soap and water to lube the seals to make them slide over each other much easier. i have never seen anyone do it first hand. sounds reasonable though. just need to carry a small pump bottle with ya. or if you are on a boat that has a spray bottle with baby shampoo and water for masks, you could try that too i suppose.

I can't imagine how i would get the glove seal under the wrist seal... I may just go with a ring system on the drysuit, and keep these for my wetsuit dives.

So it appears I was doing it wrong... i put the liner on after my drysuit, and folded it up so I could get the seal to sit properly. I will try it this weekend with the liner UNDER my drysuit seal, and the glove seal OVER my drysuit seal. Hopefully it unroll's flat!

So it appears I was doing it wrong... i put the liner on after my drysuit, and folded it up so I could get the seal to sit properly. I will try it this weekend with the liner UNDER my drysuit seal, and the glove seal OVER my drysuit seal. Hopefully it unroll's flat!

correct. put your hand/arm in the dry suit with the inner glove already on. makes it real easy to get the suit seal over your hand. hopefully the wrist of the inner glove is long enough. then the seal of the dry glove will go over the dry suit seal.
hoping mine show up soon. we are hoping to get our students open water dives started in a couple of weeks.

so these finally came in tonight. size xl. inner and outer gloves fits about as good as i could ask. but i am concerned about the gloves outer texture. by that, i mean that they have zero grip. by looking at the pics online i thought they would have great grip. but the type of material they use is too slippery. i even tried them wet to see if it made a difference. it didn't. i tried handling my uk lamp and bolt snap and it was almost impossible to work the snap without it slipping between my fingers.
when compared to the traditional "blue" gloves, they just don't come close for grip. the blue ones i have seen have a very tacky or sticky feel to the outside.
i am gonna give these a shot but as of right now i must admit i am a little worried they won't cut it.

tried out the new gloves yesterday. some good to say. some not so good. as i said above, they fit my hand fine. but i found them very difficult to put on and take off. i even tried using a mild mix of dish soap and water on my wrist seals to allow them to slide better. fail !! that did not help at all. the latex seal on the glove does not slide over the latex seal on the suit. they stick too well to each other. i will have to try another way of helping them slide over one another. next time i may try making sure they are dry, and then use some talc powder on the seals.
they were completely dry, as you should expect, but my fingers were extremely cold. and that was after only 15 minutes in the water. water temp was 37 F btw. so the inner gloves are def not sufficient for extreme cold. for the price of the gloves, i think scuba pro might want to look into supplying a warmer liner. perhaps a merino wool might have the best warmth to thickness ratio. but those would probably be a bit costly.

i will try them again next weekend. if i can find some better liners.

I had a similar experience. I went to a thinner glove because my drysuit wrist seals felt too tight over the SCUBAPRO glove inserts. But my hands were colder. I'm not trimming my drysuit seals just to accommodate the occasional use of dry gloves. They should make a thicker polypro glove with a thinner wrist cuff.

Back
Top Bottom