Easter in PI's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F UNit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm looking to get over to the Philippines in Easter, but was just wondering how things are over the holidays with you guys.... Will places be open?

Cheers,
F

places will be open - put packed! easter weekend (holy week starting thursday) is the peak of peak vacation season here

i'd suggest you decide on an itenerary and book it solid NOW. the holiday is extra long this year with Valor Day (Araw ng Kagitingan) falling April 9 (extending the holiday by 1 day) so people will really make use of this time

on the good side you won't get lonely... dive groups to join, people to meet, things to see, parties to party in...

but do make all possible arrangements ASAP... bookings are already going fast and travel during this time is the equivalent of trying to talk pak out of his kimchi

Jag

sooo, Jag you think I should wait til the last minute?

pakman:
sooo, Jag you think I should wait til the last minute?
oh most definitely...

that way you'll end up chance-passengering on some crumby, wet piece of concrete squeezed between 2 jeeploads of holiday revelers with 2 blaring videoke machines each...

all of this on a 10 sq meter piece of beachfront...

Jag

funny... that sounds a lot like vistamar..................... on any given day...

hahaha yeah i figured things would be hectic - good to hear that places will be busy tho, its always nice to get a bit of partying done...

all the southern leyte threads have got me itching to dive, im gonna try book things today/tomorrow! - just didnt want to show up and nothing be going on, resorts quiet etc...

- I know better then getting inbetween a Korean and his Kimchi, I dont wanna lose my arms....

F UNit:
hahaha yeah i figured things would be hectic - good to hear that places will be busy tho, its always nice to get a bit of partying done...

all the southern leyte threads have got me itching to dive, im gonna try book things today/tomorrow! - just didnt want to show up and nothing be going on, resorts quiet etc...

- I know better then getting inbetween a Korean and his Kimchi, I dont wanna lose my arms....
things usually quite down (or close completely) on good friday - especially outside of resorts (restos, bars, shops, stores, etc.) - but pick up again that night or saturday...

Jag

F UNit:

don't let me catch you with your hand in my kimchi jar:no
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

good god no - i love the stuff, but stinking of kimchi isnt exactly a potent aphrodisiac...

dont most people have a little special fridge for their kimchi so it doesnt stink all their other food up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom