East TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are close. Mike Goss is the new owner, and he is an instructor with Adventure Outdoors. However, Mike has tried very hard to make it clear that all shops are welcome at Philadelphia and it is not affiliated with Adventure Outdoors (although needless to say he would recommend people using Adventure).
Due to vandalism, there is now a lock on the gate. But at the barn at the entrance is Mike Goss's cell phone number which you call to get the current combination.

On September 1st, the area's Oceanic Rep will be at Philadelphia Quarry with equipment to try, including Oceanic's underwater vehicle. Entry is free on that day.

Jim, was there 2wks ago vis was about 25' ,temp was 54 on the bottom around 75 foot, not sure about surface temp low 80's maybe. Its worth the drive over

We moved to Chattanooga a few months ago. Yeah We love it. How do you get there from here?

TNBama:
You are close. Mike Goss is the new owner, and he is an instructor with Adventure Outdoors. However, Mike has tried very hard to make it clear that all shops are welcome at Philadelphia and it is not affiliated with Adventure Outdoors (although needless to say he would recommend people using Adventure).
Due to vandalism, there is now a lock on the gate. But at the barn at the entrance is Mike Goss's cell phone number which you call to get the current combination.

On September 1st, the area's Oceanic Rep will be at Philadelphia Quarry with equipment to try, including Oceanic's underwater vehicle. Entry is free on that day.

beachdivequeenbelam:
We moved to Chattanooga a few months ago. Yeah We love it. How do you get there from here?

Hey Beach Dive Queen:

Having just moved to the 'noog, you should check out Choo Choo Dive Center for a great LDS in your area. My brother-in-law is a Dive Con for them and my wife and I did our Nitrox certs there. They are doing a group dive at Loch-Lowe on Saturday the 17th of Sept and will have directions at the store (located on hwy 153 @ Bonnie Oaks).

Chattanooga's a great town, bet you'll like it there.

Happy bubble trails,

Mike

Steelmagnolia,

Has Brian been able to get out any more in his new dry suit?

Octo

beachdivequeenbelam:

Let me see if I can get the exit number for you (for the Philadelphia Quarry). I know its about 20 minutes south of Knoxville, at the Philadelphia exit, but I dont know the exit number.

TNBama:
Let me see if I can get the exit number for you (for the Philadelphia Quarry). I know its about 20 minutes south of Knoxville, at the Philadelphia exit, but I dont know the exit number.

here are the directions from Knoxville

Take I-40 to I-75 South.
Stay on I-75 South unitl Exit #68, Philadelphia.
At Stop Sign turn right.
Go 1.6 miles to Harris Road. Turn left.
Be careful, the turn is in the middle of a curve.
Go 0.7 miles to a house on the left.
The driveway is just around a sharp Curve.
Pay at the little barn

Fair warning - the road is rough
you have to cross a creek
ramp down to water is very rutted
Bathroom at top of hill
rocky entrance to water
just a couple of tables - fill up quickly - so bring something to sit on.
Fun dive - especially the deep end, which stays fairly clear.

Anyone wanting to dive this Saturday or Sunday at either LockLow Minn or Philadelphia Quarry please contact me.

Looking for a dive buddy

On September 23, there will be a night dive and pot luck dinner at Philadelphia Quarry, for anyone interested in attending.

Back
Top Bottom