East TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ADP

Reaction score
I'm new to this board and the east Tn area. Does anyone know of any other dive site than the Philadelphia quarry?

Welcome to the dive board! The best dive shop in East Tennessee is Rhea's Dive Shop in Maryville. Talk with Allan Williams. He owns the shop and is an expert with East Tennessee sites and is also qualified cave diving instructor. They are the best.Phone 865-977-0360 or rheas@esper.com...........Jack the Caymaniac

ADP:
I'm new to this board and the east Tn area. Does anyone know of any other dive site than the Philadelphia quarry?

Try Loch-Low Minn in McMinn County. Martha's Quarry is in Lebanon which is only a couple of hours away as well.

Loch_low Minn is a pretty good place to dive. It's just a few miles south of Philadelphia, between Sweetwater and Athens. They have a small dive shop with a limited amount of rental gear. Entry fee is $15. Air fills are $5. They have the water entry set up pretty nice. You can giant stride off a dock or use a "beach" entry. Exit is only from the "beach". Couple of platforms at various depths plus other sunken stuff to look at. They have a large corregated pipe to swim through at about 25 ft. Lots of fish. Deepest part is about 60-75 ft, if I remember correctly. I dove it 2 weeks ago. Surface temp was about 75. First thermocline was about 25 ft at 60. You will need a wetsuit. I wore a 3mm farmer john with 3mm shorty and was fine, though I would have liked to have gloves. I saw people diving dry and diving doubles. Vis was pretty good - 30-40 ft. http://www.lochlow-minn.com

Loch Low Minn is an awesome place to dive. THey come down to the shore and get your tank so you don't have to walk. THey have a swimming pool, and hot tub. THey cook lunch, and it is awesome. Cheicken breasts, hotdogs, greenbeans with mushrooms, salad, sweet tea, and cookies. They have shoers and camp ground and two cabins which are 30-35 per night.
I love them

Loch low minn doesn't allow children under 10 on site. My family includes my 10yr daughter and 5 yr son. We like the Philadelphia quarry because we can take a picnic lunch and stay the afternoon. I dive, they snorkel with my wife, and we all have fun. I've met other families there that say the same thing about loch low minn. Just something to keep in mind if your family likes to go too.

Any updates on water temp & vis at Loch Low Minn? Debating a trip over from Nashville in a couple weeks.

Thanks,
Jim

Been to Loch-Low and really liked it as well.

As my wife doesn't dive, but she does snorkel, I am always on the lookout for a place that allows snorkeling for her. Is there a website for the Philadelphia quarry?

Thanks!

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom