East Timor pix - April 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1:
did you look into ike lights housing as well?? any regrets with the 8080? are there any changes or things you wish were different on the 8080 for diving??

I did look at the prices of Ikelite housings and they cost quite a bit more than the Olympus housings. Since I had good experience wiht the PT 015 housing (100+ dives with the 5050 and no problems) I decided to get the PT 023 Olympus housing for the 8080.

Apart from the slow write speed for RAW images, no regrets so far but I have only taken the 8080 down three times and have not had a chance to try everyting yet.

hey nick,
thanks for the 411. can i ask you how much the housing was?? and how much more is the IKE? is it relatively easy to use?

btw, your shots are simply awesome....convinced me!

-dan

Great Pics, - were you using the camera's flash or do you have a strobe set up? If you do what is your set up?
montyb

deputydan1:
can i ask you how much the housing was?? and how much more is the IKE? is it relatively easy to use?
Dan, the Oly housing was around $250 the Ikelite is I think in the $600 range. Be aware that Ikelite says you cannot use the internal strobe on the 8080 with their housing whereas the Oly housing does a good job os providing good light with the supermacro mode.

All is relative, but it is about as easy as the 5050 in the PT015 housing if you have ever used that.

Hope that helps.

Nick

montyb:
Great Pics, - were you using the camera's flash or do you have a strobe set up? If you do what is your set up?montyb

montyb, thanks. The first picture is without flash but using whitebalance. The second picture was using the internal flash because my Sea&Sea YS 25 had run out of juice, it had old batteries in it. The third picture was taken earlier in the dive when the YS 25 still had enough juice to fire.

Nick

thanks, nick~

great info. wow...what a price diff! where'd you buy the oly housing???

so, is the oly8080 flash pretty bright enough??

-dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom