East Timor: 2 Jan. - Zippy the friendly squid and friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
P1021169.jpg

P1021081.jpg

P1021074.jpg

P1021058.jpg

During our night dive, Zippy here decided my dive light was very interesting and wanted a close-up look. It must have been comical watching me try to take a picture of Zippy while at the same time coaxing him away from the hot bulb in my HID light with my elbows. Once Zippy realized that he was not going to be left to approach the new light in his life, he took off towards the surface.

P1021036.jpg

P1021041.jpg

P1021034.jpg

wow! Very cool! Now tell me how you do it! I saw my first cuttle fish on a night dive last week and had the darndest time getting the camera to focus, hold my light and not to scare it away!!

Calypso, I think you must be the alter ego of aquaman. You can get these squids to pose for you on command. C'mon, admit it (love the pics BTW, especially the squids).

Great pics Nick!!
Zippy is so friendly lol and the crab has such personality in the first pic :).

Wonderful photos :D.

justleesa:
wow! Very cool! Now tell me how you do it! I saw my first cuttle fish on a night dive last week and had the darndest time getting the camera to focus, hold my light and not to scare it away!!

Thanks y'all.

Lisa, I guess I got lucky to find a squid that loves dive lights :06: Go figure. I took advantage of the pauses that Zippy took as he figured out how to best get past my elbows in order to get to my light. :D

Very nice, love the squid. I could never get within 5ft of one. I'll try to attract it with my light next time I find one and hopefully I might get lucky :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom