East Texas divers.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the pleasure today while diving at CSSP (vis was crappy!) to meet the owner/staff and customer divers of the newish Palestine Scuba Center. They had an O/W class going on and we shared a canopy. What great folks....very friendly and having fun,,they were grilling and offered to share the lunch with me. The shop has been open since April 07' and is some 1200sqft.. They carry several popular lines of scuba gear and are a NAUI Training Center. I just wanted to give them a 'plug',,as they seemed like a great group of folks.

Palestine Scuba Center
2020 Crockett Rd
Palestine, TX 75801 Map
(903) 723-3483

:D

Hmmmmm....I wonder if you can dive Lake Palestine?
For that matter, I wonder if you can dive Lake Athens and Cedar Creek Lake?

ScubaTexan:
Hmmmmm....I wonder if you can dive Lake Palestine?
For that matter, I wonder if you can dive Lake Athens and Cedar Creek Lake?
Never tried to dive it, but I seriously doubt the vis would be very good.(You know that it is in/near Frankston or Coffee Landing(or Coffee 'something') and not in Palestine right?
Now, Blue Lagoon in Huntsville is 1.5 hours from Palestine. I think Athens may be closer to Palestine than that, but to hear folks talk, Athens has poor vis.
Spencer

texdiveguy:
I had the pleasure today while diving at CSSP (vis was crappy!)
What was viz? I'm going out next week, and need to know what I'm in for...

BIGG_BUDD:
What was viz? I'm going out next week, and need to know what I'm in for...

Everything from 6" to an average of a few feet. LOTS of particles afloat and white clouds. I found pockets of 5-8ft. at 40-46ffw...with temps at depth of 68f and surface temps of 89f. I was solo....so did some bag shoots/line work/no mask swimming....blablabla. Like I said pretty crappy for CSSP of late....quess the hotter temps of late summer did their trick on the water. :)

texdiveguy:
Everything from 6" to an average of a few feet. LOTS of particles afloat and white clouds. I found pockets of 5-8ft. at 40-46ffw...with temps at depth of 68f and surface temps of 89f. I was solo....so did some bag shoots/line work/no mask swimming....blablabla. Like I said pretty crappy for CSSP of late....quess the hotter temps of late summer did their trick on the water. :)
Well. Crap.

Thanks for the report, brutha.

Spencermm:
Never tried to dive it, but I seriously doubt the vis would be very good.(You know that it is in/near Frankston or Coffee Landing(or Coffee 'something') and not in Palestine right?
Now, Blue Lagoon in Huntsville is 1.5 hours from Palestine. I think Athens may be closer to Palestine than that, but to hear folks talk, Athens has poor vis.
Spencer

Yes, I know -- my family is/was all from the Athens area, and several live in and around Lake Palestine.

Vis.......

Hellen Keller lived her whole life and never saw anything but she could feel the WaWa.
I hear people Quack about only being able to see 1 foot in the WaWa.

We all know a true Swampers would never do that.... Right ???

We camped at CSSP this weekend, but only did a couple of dives on Sat., as my sinuses were in a bad way. Couldn't get my ears to clear easily on Sat., and that's never a problem for me. I agree with TexDiveGuy, the vis was very poor, as the water had a distinctive green tint.

Back
Top Bottom