East coast FLorida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
does anyone have an accurate timing for boat rides out around the Fort lauderdale or deerfield beach area?

I was thinking of doing a drift dive or a wreck( have heard there are some good ones) but wanted to know the boat ride length as I get seasick much beyond 45 mins.

thanks

From Jupiter to the Keys boat rides are about 20 minutes until you dive. The dives are 30 to 50 minutes depending on depth, gas, etc. You then have a 1 hours surface interval on the boat before doing the second dive. Then its 20 minutes back in. In total you'll be out for 3 to 4 hours.
I suggest you take a anti sea sick drug, (dramimene) or other to keep from getting sick. Also, don't eat prior to diving. Stay away from the back of the boat as the diesel fumes will turn your stomach. Think happy thoughts and get in the water quickly. There are some shore diving done in this area too. Look at the Florida Conch connection for more info.

I feel better if I do eat a little something, like a muffin or some toast. Just don't go eat a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast or a Big Mac Super Sized meal, in other words, stay away from the greesy stuff before you go out.

Wendy once bubbled...
I feel better if I do eat a little something, like a muffin or some toast. Just don't go eat a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast or a Big Mac Super Sized meal, in other words, stay away from the greesy stuff before you go out.

Unless you really want to attract the big fish. :D

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom