East coast donnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East Coast Donnie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi everyone I live in Maine.I got certified June of last year and did 29 dives last summer . So very new to the sport but really loving it.cant wait for warmer weather and the spring break up hoping this forum will ease the wait

Welcome aboard Donnie! Many of us in the same boa, so to speak! Of course, i'd imagine the water here in Virginia is already as warm as your summertime Maine temperatures?

Hi All - also from Maine - grew up near you Donnie - in Sanford (class of 67) and spent most of my free time in the water - Wells, Ogunquit, Moody, Kennebunk beaches - and Mousam Lake were my uncle had a great camp - that I wish my parents had bought - oh well

Finally after all these years, I get to become certified and see what I was missing so close to the surface snorkeling.

Just checked Portland buoy - water temp in 35 degrees - guess I need to get moving and buy my wet suit - we used to come out the ocean in the summer - 60 degree water +/- blue and shaking and not know any better.

My first class is this Wednesday at Aqua City in Waterville - pretty excited -

wish me luck - tom

Excellent Tom ,you will love it I wish I had got certified long ago..the classes were fun and very imformative..I dove mousam twice last summer and found some interesting future dives via the computer .the viz was terrible both times.perhaps when the pine pollen isn't so bad.i am excited for you and good luck in the pool

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Last edited:
Good to hear about more Maine divers, Donnie and Tom! We dive in Belfast, Bayside and Beauchamp Point in Camden if either of you are ever over this-a-way. Now just waiting for the ice to go out from Swan Lake. Enjoy the Aqua City certification class, they're good guys.

Back
Top Bottom