East Beach, Lake Crescent, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwlinux

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Had a great two-tank day at Lake Crescent yesterday. It was my first time at the site. The site has good access for a shore walk-in with restrooms available. Bring a mat to stand on while slipping on your gear. The parking lot is dusty.

At around 20 feet, the beach drops off down quickly to about 60-70 feet. Beware of snags protruding from the bottom. The bottom is very silty and kicks up quite a bit if feathered by fins. Oops. Water temp was 65-68 degrees. Dove with a Neotek2 semi-dry and was comfortable.

The barge was sitting at 26 feet. It looks like you could go inside. Overall, a pretty good set of dives with really nice visibility.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4975.jpeg
    IMG_4975.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 14
I started with 22#s of lead and dropped to 20#s. I had a little bit of trouble breaking the surface, but once I got down three feet or so the weight took over.

I started with 22#s of lead and dropped to 20#s. I had a little bit of trouble breaking the surface, but once I got down three feet or so the weight took over.
Give your suit more time to ingress water while at the surface. You're most likely trapping a bit of air that doesn't get squeezed out until you fully submerge. Like I said in the other thread you started, I have the same suit. I would poor warm water into my suit to pre-warm everything and displace air. Once in the water I would hand out at the surface until I stopped feeling air pass my face and occasionally would break the seal to let water in.

I hope to get out to Crescent this summer. Sounds like an cool place.

Cool!

Suggestion: Next time go to the left when entering the water, visit the 'Rock Pile' (I think that's what it's called).

It gets deep, but there's large house-sized boulders left over from the landslide that caused the lake. Pretty awesome.

Excellent! Thank you for the recommendation for the rock pile. Lake Crescent’s visibility is awesome. I’ll be back again soon!

Headed to Lake Cushman Monday to check out how many treasures I can find at Party Rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom