ears still popping next day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys not sure if its the right forum to ask this question but im worried. got fever after my last dive yesterday. had a sore throat took a tylenol and decided to do my 3rd dive. had a problem equalizing but managed kept the dive shallow at around 40-50 ft.

its the next day and everytime i yawn and wiggle my jaw i feel my ears poopping as if im equalizing this normal? they dont hurt though and i can hear fine. this normal?

Now I am no doctor but you might want to see an ENT and have them look at whether you have TMJ.

That is what my ears sound like everytime I swallow or yawn. I do not even hear it anymore.

For what it's worth, I always have to clear my ears when I wake up the day after diving. Always have, I have no idea why, but I don't worry about it.

swallow...jaw, side-to-side...yawn: snap, crackle, pop...days following dive!

O'Malley:
swallow...jaw, side-to-side...yawn: snap, crackle, pop...days following dive!

I experience the same phenomenon...sometimes it can be annoying. It's also pretty safe to say that he has TMJ (the anatomical joints, not the disorder that it is frequently called the same thing).

Sean

Why do I get the feeling that we all experience that, and just refuse to acknowledge it?

I get it after a few days of 3-5 dives. By the end of the week, it takes me awhile to recover. After my last trip (around 26 dives in six days), my ears were really bad. Doc said I had fluid in my ears. I took allegra and noe drops for a day or so and was fine.

im fine now, i was just scared that it wasnt normal but a lot of people have a longer time adjusting.

There is a really cool invention that is on the line- called SeaCure mouthpiece. It is like the football mouthpieces, you boil it and bite it- it molds to your mouth and can help prevent the snap, crackle and pop you hear for a few days after diving. They are more $ than a regular mouth piece, but they are well worth it and last MUCH longer!

I have the same, whether I've dove or not. It only really started after I began diving. Now, I can open my e. tubes up at anytime, and this makes a clicking noise like equalizing.

It might be that you are subconciously doing the same thing. I rarely hold my nose to equalize, and moving my jaw side to side, or kind of squezing my ears is enough. You might be doing the same, and it does make a weird noise in your head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom