Earplugs for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for earplugs that I could use while diving to keep water out. I find that I frequently get water deep in my ear which prevents diving the next day due to pressure issues and pain. Is there a non earplug solution to my problem? Thanks

I don’t use ear plugs, but after an ear infection my doctor gave me some advice and it really helps in not only prevention of ear infections, but drying my ears after diving. I use a mixture of vinegar, alcohol, and a little water and pour it into my ears after diving. This kills any bacteria and the alcohol dries out all of the water in my ears to prevent any future problems. If you don’t want to try this try some of the alcohol and glycerin mixtures such as Swim Ear® that you can get at any Wal-Mart or similar store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom