Earplugs for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwfellah

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for earplugs that I could use while diving to keep water out. I find that I frequently get water deep in my ear which prevents diving the next day due to pressure issues and pain. Is there a non earplug solution to my problem? Thanks

There are ear plugs that "slow" water from getting into the ear but do not prevent it. Doc's Pro Plugs are an example. Since ear plugs for scuba diving are vented then you are going to still get water in your ear. You may want to think about getting an ear dryer. I hear they work very well...

I have a plethora of ear problems, and the Pro Ear 2000 mask has made it possible for me to dive as often as I want. You might want to check it out.

I don't have any problems with water in my ears since it drains out as soon as I leave the water and am standing upright. But I was interested in what the Pro Ear company had to say about it's products. Sounds like a nice product for someone who needs it though one would look like a real dork wearing it. Being a real dork myself I was tempted to buy one just for the visual effect.

as cool as the earmuff mask is, I am going to try the lower cost plug option first. Thanks folks! And I will definitely learn to use the search function first because that had a lot of good info that I basically just repeated... Damn noob...

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for earplugs that I could use while diving to keep water out. I find that I frequently get water deep in my ear which prevents diving the next day due to pressure issues and pain. Is there a non earplug solution to my problem? Thanks

Dove a few days ago in Cozumel with a lady that was using the Pro Clear ones..She swears by them, much less ear problems following a trip she said....You go to their web site she said, find someone close by that sells them, go by & get fitted(they come in many sizes)........good luck.....I think she said they are $8 for 2 pairs??...

Hey there;

I hope you found the right solution for your ear pain. I just thought I'd re-enforce what everyone else is saying... they do help prevent exostosis, otitis, and ruptured eardrums. They will also make equalization a bit easier. If you want to talk more about it, give me a call.

Also wanted to share something really exciting with you folks! I just uploaded some files to our website that we got from our people in Italy! A small clip of underwater footage shot in the island of Sassari, Italy by medical staff in one of their hospitals, they were even kind enough to translate their study!

vid: www.proplugs.com/media/plugsinaction.mpg
document: www.proplugs.com/media/SIMSICongress2006.doc

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom