Early Introduction (moving to Bremerton)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard rumors of sea caves up in BC, but I haven't talked to anybody who's actually seen them.

I've heard rumors of sea caves up in BC, but I haven't talked to anybody who's actually seen them.

TSandM I'm a little surprised that you haven't looked into it a little more. Considering your advocacy for the GUE and their connection to the caves in Florida I'm surprised you haven't done a little more research.

TsandM, Did you complete your GUE-F class in the PNW or did you travel for that? I'm right at that point in my diving career where I consider myself a well rounded recreational diver, and I've read through a lot of the manuals for Advanced Nitrox and Recreational Trimix, so I feel like that combined with college coursework in chemistry and physics has set me up with a good understanding of diving gas theory, but I would like to take some of the classes. I am borrowing a friend's set of doubles until I move to Bremerton in August, and I know I'll be buying a set for myself with the bonus I receive for moving so I would like to make sure I have the skills and the classes under my belt to make the dives that will make the most of them.

Austin

I've heard the rumors of B.C.'s underwater caves as well, more specifically in a rather remote area of Barkley sound here on Vancouver island. We're talking boat access only, with frequent (and unpredictable) storms. My 'source' is also a GUE trained diver who at one point expressed interest in finding them (he has the resources, too).

I've heard the rumors of B.C.'s underwater caves as well, more specifically in a rather remote area of Barkley sound here on Vancouver island. We're talking boat access only, with frequent (and unpredictable) storms. My 'source' is also a GUE trained diver who at one point expressed interest in finding them (he has the resources, too).

At this point I'm not Cave Certified, it's something I want to get into eventually, but it's going to be harder now that I'll be living so far from Florida. Oh well, I've got plenty to grow on in th mean time. Maybe in a few years I'll help your friend find those caves.

Mexico's not that far away, and the water is warm and clear . . .

I did Fundies locally. We are fortunate enough to have a resident GUE instructor who holds classes on a regular basis, so it's easy to get into one, and it's easy to get checkout dives if you provisional or want to move up to a tech pass from a rec pass.

Actually, the first I heard about sea caves in BC was about a week ago, so I'm not surprised I haven't done more research . . . My brain is kind of focused on my upcoming Cave 1 class (which starts in a week) :)

Where are you doing your Cave 1 class TSandM, are you headed to Mexico?

Yup -- Four days from now, I'll be sitting in Puerto Aventuras, chewing my nails . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom