Ear problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I just read the post from AirHog2, who said that she/he has had Tubes put in to her/his ears when he/ she was growing. I'm going to add my 5 cents worth, regarding having Tubes . I don't know if he/she will read my comments regarding having in my ears as well. Back in the Spring of'09, I had Tubes put in my ears. I've been told not to dive, because of the Tubes. I hate it, but I have to accept it. I hope Air Hog2 will read this reply. I know what it's like not being able to Dive, because of having Tubes. I've Ear Infections when I was growing up as well, so I know that feeling. Tomorrow afternoon, I have an appt with my Family Dr, because I had fluid coming out of my left ear. But, I can Free Dive[mask and snorkel]. Any way, I hope this will help Air Hog2." Snorkelcorey.

Ive seen my ent doc, conclusion is that I have severe scaring in rt ear from the tubes I had as a child, which is what seems to be keeping my ear from eqaulising,Docs suggestion is to try one more dive at 50ft and see what happens, if ear wont eqaulise then abort dive and stick to shallow dives that wont cause a problem.Doc says I can keep diving but dont go deeper then I can tollerate,and DONT wait so long to see him if I have anymore problems.Also found out that my doc is also a recreational diver.

thanks for taking time to tell me your story,the tubes I had have left severe scaring in my rt ear which is keeping ear from equalising. Doc says just stay at the depth I can equalise no deeper. at least I can still dive.!!

Thanks for info, will look at the web sites when Im done responding to everyone who gave me thier input.Bottom line is severe scaring due to tubes as a child.Doc says no diving over what I can equalise.so it seems 25ft is my limit. He said to try one more dive deeper than 25 but to abort immediatly if still having problems and only go as deep as I can equalise.At least I can still dive. Turns out my doc is a recreational diver himself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom