Ear issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope it wasn't like that it was just difficult to heat on the surface and drops did nothing but yes I will be using them as a prevention

The drops will get water out of your ears. What you described sounds like you could have just as easily had minor barotrauma instead, in which case the drops wouldn't have done anything except maybe hurt. And yes, sound travels differently underwater and you hear better down there.

The drops will get water out of your ears. What you described sounds like you could have just as easily had minor barotrauma instead, in which case the drops wouldn't have done anything except maybe hurt. And yes, sound travels differently underwater and you hear better down there.

I think you are correct. The drops didn't hurt but didn't help either.

@Melanie White , I know it's your first time in Coz and you'll be doing shore dives as your very first dives? I'm going to assume you've done shore dives by yourselves before, and know where to dive and get tanks? While people do shore dive Coz, it's mainly a boat diving destination. Just wanted to make sure. :wink:

@Melanie White , I know it's your first time in Coz and you'll be doing shore dives as your very first dives? I'm going to assume you've done shore dives by yourselves before, and know where to dive and get tanks? While people do shore dive Coz, it's mainly a boat diving destination. Just wanted to make sure. :wink:

Yes staying at Scuba Club Cozumel and they do 2 tank dives every morning. They also do afternoon wreck dives. And night dive. And 2 tank twilight and night dive. And unlimited shore diving they give you the tanks.

I had a hard time equalizing when I started diving. I read all the posts on this subject I could find. Looking back I think equalizing often is the best advice. At the time I thought I was practicing that but I would still have problems ever so often. Now I realize I was waiting until I feel pressure before I tried to equalize. You can not start to equalize too soon or too much while you descend.

I had a hard time equalizing when I started diving. I read all the posts on this subject I could find. Looking back I think equalizing often is the best advice. At the time I thought I was practicing that but I would still have problems ever so often. Now I realize I was waiting until I feel pressure before I tried to equalize. You can not start to equalize too soon or too much while you descend.

Thank you I will definitely do it a lot going down thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom