Ear Infection Prevention While Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG, the comment above about getting ear infections as soon as the poster turned 40 rung a MAJOR bell. I literally was taken down by a horrific infection on my 40th bday in Lembeh this past week. I never got these before, but I do think it might have had something to do with the water in Sulawesi... I've learned for next time.

My current mix:

1/3 90% isopropyl alcohol
1/3 white vinegar
1/3 distilled water
few drops of mineral oil

I use Nalgene dropper bottles, which I put in a ziploc. Couple of drops after each dive. Full 5 minutes each ear at the end of each diving day.

Well Just add a little Boric Acid into the white viniger and alcohal like my suggestion. Hell I'm 72 went diving yesterday in the water 2 hours. I use my solution after every dive. That's 32 years now ear problem free. Boric acid sounds bad but it's like I stated what your grand parents used for infections. Mayo clinic should check it out.

32 years is a good run...I'll add the boric, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom