EANx Gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
EANx gas.. what is it?? and how expensive is the course?? All I know is it's better then breathing nitrox, and increases your bottom time and lessens the nitrogen in your blood. ..... How expensive is the gas itself.....

EANx is nitrox. "Enriched Air Nitrox". EANx32 would be 32% oxygen, etc.

Cost for the tanks is varaible; I've seen some shops charge $5 more than air, others $10.

EANx is nitrox...Enriched Air Nitrox. The price of the course depends on the shop/instructor that you take it from and the price of fill varies from shop to shop.

The shop I am affiliated with charges $10 regardless of concentration of O2. if that helps

GOtcha.. :p.. didn't have a clue.. Haven't use nitrox.. and I am just doing my advanced course now.. I had recieved an e-mail about a EANx concerning a course... needed to find out more about it on here.. Thanks..

Firediver:
EANx gas.. what is it?? and how expensive is the course?? All I know is it's better then breathing nitrox, and increases your bottom time and lessens the nitrogen in your blood. ..... How expensive is the gas itself.....

According to your profile you are a beginning diver.

This is very simplified but ...

EAN "lessens" the N2 in your blood if you dive it on air tables.
If you push it to its NDL you gain very little except more BT. However, because it "increases" the amount of O2 it can/will have greater cumulative effect on your pulmonary & CN systems.

Learn to dive on air first then "worry" about other gases.

I am listed as a beginner diver on here.. But I have 41 dives, 25 of those in a dry suit, 3 of them are wreck dives, and Most are done at Deer island Point NB, where you have only a 40min window to dive, or the current will take u to East Port Maine. I am taking my advanced course and rescue course now, and I am considering the nitrox course when I head to Newfoundland in july.

So what would be the better to use for diving Nitrox or EANx since they both increase your bottom time somewhat??.....

Nitrox IS EANx

41 dives and an inability to learn is beginner diver...

Firediver:
I am listed as a beginner diver on here.. But I have 41 dives, 25 of those in a dry suit, 3 of them are wreck dives, and Most are done at Deer island Point NB, where you have only a 40min window to dive, or the current will take u to East Port Maine. I am taking my advanced course and rescue course now, and I am considering the nitrox course when I head to Newfoundland in july.

So what would be the better to use for diving Nitrox or EANx since they both increase your bottom time somewhat??.....

As someone else pointed out, 41 dives is beginner regardless of what a training agency might say. I congratulate you though on your willingness to dive what could be a nasty current.

EAN = Nitrox ... just a different name

Your NDL is extended only by increasing OTUs on your CN system. Unless you NEED the extended NDL then stick with air for now. Even then, most of the time I'd use it as a buffer rather than to pull off longer dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom