Eagles' new CD...waste of good plastic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, call me a sucker. Being a boomer, I was raised with the Eagles. They were right up there with the Beatles and the Beach Boys. One of my favorite CD's now is the Eagles Greatest Hits. So I caught their interview on "60 Minutes" last weekend, talking about their new album, and rushed right out on Monday and bought it. They have an exclusive deal with WalMart ... double CD album for $11.88 ... what a deal!

Well, my wife thought the same thing as me. At $11.88, it's about $11.25 overpriced. What a disappointment! So many songs, all sounding the same. Second cut on first CD is pretty good, then a bunch of dreamy romantic ballads, one after the other. So I had my hopes up for the second CD ... IT WAS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Four slow cuts in a minor key, one after the other ... wanted to hang myself. Then Glen Frey had one cut not too bad, then it was over.

Eagles fans, unite!!!! ... and don't buy this waste of money (IMHO).

Thanks, I feel better now ... I just had to post this somewhere!

I agree.

Hell Freezes Over should have been the swan song.

Cruel is a bit harsh, don't you think? Gotcha fair & square... But I agree that it is hard to watch a great old band die. Hell I just bought a "new" "Cat Stephens disc"............

But I"m not whining about it

... my profound apology for bringing the subject up ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom