E8's band height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fluidman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi people, I need some advice on a pair of E-8 130's. How far are your top bands from the tank neck? Please measure from the top of the band to curve. Mine are 1cm or .4inch. I think I may need to make it even less than 1cm. Could that be right? Please state if you dive in a wetsuit or drysuit. Thanks.

There is no right or wrong answer. It depends on your body size and where the tanks best sit in order to achieve horizontal trim. Wetsuit, drysuit, wing size, shape... I don't think you'd learn a lot from a thread of this description.

I always put the bands up as high as possible to the start of the curve. Probably 1cm or less distance from the top of the band to the start of the curve. Its not that big of a deal.

Well, whether this answer helps you at all is completely up to you.

In my case, with a Zeagle Ranger and a single E8-119, the top band is about even with the beginning of the curved part of the cylinder. Any lower and I tend to hit my head on the 1st stage too much. Don't really have enough dives yet to say if I really need to make additional adjustment for trim. Oh, yeah, 5/3 full wetsuit.

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom