E8-130s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok,

Anyone know if there is a PST dealer on the island, I highly doubt anyone has these tanks available so I probably would need to order them....

Thanks

Man! Now i'm going to have to figure out how to do gas planning for dissimilar tanks.

You suck!

I've been looking for them since I arrived in Jan of 05. No joy!!! Everyone was willing to special order them for me at a cost that I wasn't willing to pay and I ended up contacting a friend in San Diego to get them for about $100 cheaper ea. The only problem was there were none available then. I went ahead and found some used OMS 98s and doubled those up.

Well the issue is I can't seem to trim out my 95's...so this evening I moved the bands to extremes (as in now the top band has a gap)...I will give them one more try...if I cant get'em to trim out in my drysuit I will def get 130's I dont care if I have to sell my car to do it. ****ty part: I had a set in California, I sold em before I came out here...

Why not a set of 120s. They are cheaper and you can save money by using the same bands as a set of 80s as well as the manifold. Besides, the way you suck down the gas that extra 20cuft going from 120s to 130s ain't gonna help you much.

I see. The 120s are the same diameter, but just under 2 inches taller. The 130s are 3/4 inch larger diameter, but 1/2 inch shorter. So the 130s are actually close to the same length as an 80.

Why is it so difficult to trim different tanks, than somebody is used to? Would it not simply be going through the trouble of trimming from the beginning again? Or is that the problem, not wanting to start from scratch again. I truly am curious on this as I will probably change my tanks evenutally and want to know what to expect.

On another note. I would think going to a tank that is a little longer would be easier than one that is shorter as it would spread the balance point of the tank out a little more. For example, if I put a 1 foot steel rod across my finger (like a see-saw) it would be harder to balance once I found the balance point than a steel rod that was say 3 feet long. The balance shifts of the shorter rod would be quicker and more pronounced than ones of the longer rod. Just curious all around.

I had a set of 119s before moving out here. I never did get them dialed in. They were squirrelly. I'll stick with the super easy to trim, supper light double 80s

Back
Top Bottom