E7 vs E8 HP tank rack storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdbrown4764

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking into getting either a couple Steel E7-HP100's or E8-HP119's...Both cost the same and size difference is only in the diameter. So question is if I get the E8 will I have trouble with storing them on dive boat rack? Thanks for any input...

Looking into getting either a couple Steel E7-HP100's or E8-HP119's... size difference is only in the diameter. ... if I get the E8 will I have trouble with storing them on dive boat rack?
You should not have trouble on the vast majority of boats. I have had trouble with boots on bigger tanks slipping into the round slots in a couple of cases, but that is trivial.

I have run into boat racks that won't accomodate 8 inch diameter tanks. I was not happy having to lay my assembled gear on the deck to roll in the swell. Something to consider...

I was recently faced with the same dilema, figured I'd be mounting the roll control rails on my boat. Turns out I could only mount a 6 tank pelican rack in the console which only holds 7.25" tanks. I purchased the 8" Worthington HP 119's trying to limit myself to two tanks/day. I can get 3 dives/tank filled to 3700psi. I now need to change over to 3 LP 85's in 7.25 diameter. I have the two 119's for sale if your interested. They are only 2 months old and have only been filled 5 times.

320.00 per. Paid 370 with O2 cleaning on tank and valve.

ufg8rmike@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom