E-mail problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If someone in "administration" could help me I would appreciate it. I signed up for ScubaBoard last night based on a friends recommendation. I think i am going to enjoy the site, but I have a problem with the thread replies and private messages showing up on my e-mail. Can someone help to remove this feature? Thanks.

On the blue bar, 3rd option over you'll see "User CP". In your User CP, on the left, you'll see a link for "Edit Options". In "Edit Options" you'll see a check box in the "Private Messages" section "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages". Uncheck that.

Above that there is a section for Default Thread Subscription Mode. You can change that to "No e-mail notification", which will set it so that you don't receive e-mails when the thread is updated, but you will still see it in your list of subscribed threads when you go to your UserCP.

Thanks Jeff, that explains it! If you should have any other questions please lemme know.

costi:
If someone in "administration" could help me I would appreciate it. I signed up for ScubaBoard last night based on a friends recommendation. I think i am going to enjoy the site, but I have a problem with the thread replies and private messages showing up on my e-mail. Can someone help to remove this feature? Thanks.
Thanks Spectre, problem solved, now if I can figure out how to conserve air tonight will have been a true learning experience.......bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom