E-520 or Pen PL2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing that is missing in the EPL range seems to be the viewfinder. The whole system would be very attractive if it had that ability for me. I do not like looking at a screen to take photographs.

The only thing that is missing in the EPL range seems to be the viewfinder. The whole system would be very attractive if it had that ability for me. I do not like looking at a screen to take photographs.

The screen works fine for me for taking pics...

Bruce

There is always the VF2 you can add, which is a excellent EVF. 100% view, with a large picture.

The screen works fine for me for taking pics...

Bruce

Hi Bruce looking at your set up not sure if you have used a good viewfinder before. I enjoy the finder on the E-520 which surprised me as I wasn't expecting much, but it ain't as good as the $1000 large viewfinder I had on the nikon F4 film set up with an Aquatica housing I used to own. Now if you had used something like that you would understand the great advantage of an optical viewfinder.

Hi Bruce looking at your set up not sure if you have used a good viewfinder before. I enjoy the finder on the E-520 which surprised me as I wasn't expecting much, but it ain't as good as the $1000 large viewfinder I had on the nikon F4 film set up with an Aquatica housing I used to own. Now if you had used something like that you would understand the great advantage of an optical viewfinder.

Ardy-

I don't understand what a viewfinder will do for you. Can you explain this? Some of my old film underwater cameras had optical viewfinders.

Thanks,
Bruce

Ardy-

I don't understand what a viewfinder will do for you. Can you explain this? Some of my old film underwater cameras had optical viewfinders.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Bruce - just to fill you in I have the ability to use the screen on my E-520. The problem for me with electronic images is that they don't give you a 'feel' for the real world. I think they are fine for relatively static images but stuff that moves seems to get lost as you try to follow its movement.

With a good optical view finder it rapidly becomes like an extension to your eye.

These are just my thoughts others may be able to explain it better.:idk:

regards

There is always the VF2 you can add, which is a excellent EVF. 100% view, with a large picture.
Only the E-PL1 housing will accomodate the VF2. The E-PL2 housing will not.
I have heard that the VF2 isn't all that useful underwater, but I now have one for land use on my E-PL1 and intend to try it on my next scuba trip.

I had similar question before, ie. E-620 (already have) or buy new E-PL1 camera and housing.
Ended with E-PL1 + 10bar and happy with this decision. Don't think I miss viewfinder.

Hi Wisnu might be a personal thing or an old age thing. Aint sure and don't want to investigate it too much.

The idea of a full screen seems OK to me and I thought I would use mine more than I do. I try to photograph birds, I think I like to suffer ie no photography that stays still. The screen on both my Panasonic and the Olympus are useless as they just are not versatile enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom