Duty and taxes on SCUBA-L products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougNR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently decided to give Scuba-L a try with one of their stabilizing jacket B/Cs. As you may be aware, there is a difference in the inventory available between their US site and the International site. I had even read there were differences in construction between similar products depending on from which location you ordered. This post is not about these issues in particular - just explaining in advance why I (located in Florida USA) placed an order from the International site.

I'm curious if anyone else in the US has gone this route and if so did you have to pay additional duty or tax at time of delivery? I ask this question now as I have just been provided my DHL tracking number. Running it trought the DHL site, I noted that the International Express form of shipping used implies the possibility of these costs. I called DHL and was told it depends on how SCUBA-L filled out the waybill. I have not been supplied a waybill - at least not yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom