Dutch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottyroz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas as to why the vis was so horrible this past weekend at dutch. I would think it had something to do with the new attraction that was sunk next to the nova. However, they sunk it last Wed and i was on the student side. I doubt it affected the entire quarry considering i was on the student side with a bunch of classes this weekend.

It's because you were on the student side with a bunch of classes :wink:

hahah i was up there friday before the classes even arrived and it was horrible. :eyebrow:

I've noticed that viz has been worse than usual in the area around the car, trolley, and shack. I thought maybe it was due to rain, but it seems to be a lot better on twilight (I hesistate to say night since you've got to be in the water by 8:30 or so), when the quarry has had a chance to settle after the classes have done their damage.

J.

I was there a couple weeks ago. The visibilty was fine in early morning before the dive classes arrived. On one dive we navigated from the Helicopter to the cement truck and the visiblity did become worse the farther south we went. Overall vis was ok if we avoided the areas with large dive classes.

I was there last Saturday and I experienced my first zero vis dive. All I saw was brown particles. The lead guy was about three feet in front of me, and I couldn't see s**t! Looks like liquid stuff.

Lots of people kicking up crud, but I think the culprit was the rain storm on Thurs. or was it Friday? But it was crap. Best I think was about 15' and that was around the Cessna.

Which Cessna, the new one on the island or the old one? I squeezed in through the window of the new one :wink:

jamiep3:
Haven't been there in a couple of weeks. What qualifies as horrible vis?
Horrible is relative so by that being said 5'-10' vis at dutch i would think would be horrible. Normally you can see from platform to platform not this past weekend.

Back
Top Bottom