dutch springs opening day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see that several people are planning to meet at the gate at 10:00. Is this for Saturday the 10th?

I'm looking for a buddy for that day. Would you mind if I meet up with you folks?

Thanks.

Looks like I may be there a little later now on Saturday, so I'll look for everyone by the peninsula

Here is a quick report: arrived shortly after 10, got my season pass squired away, set up at the peninsula side on the right side by the trees. All 6 benches/tables were empty. Then I saw Chris (Grunzster) and Jonnythan and Frank. We setup a tent with WV banner (nice touch!) and proceeded diving. the water was freezing!- 41F. But.. the viz was awesome 50ft near the peninsula (crane+dynamite shack+trolley=first dive), and 60+ (at the pump station = second dive).

The food wagon was open and I had two delicious hot dogs for $4. Air station was open too, but no nitrox. $6 to refill my tank.

Realized that I needed about 9lb on my belt instead of a regular 4lb when I used to have my old undergarments. Back then I used to also religiously carry my 30cf stage/pony, and this time the water was freezing, so I wanted to have more gas in my suit than usual.

Jonnythan has some hilarious pictures of Grunzster, stay tuned…

Warning When Parking Up Hill, Back Into Spot!

If Gear Has Shifted In A Way Making It Impossible To Close Tailgate, Unload Gear Before Trying To Back Down Hill!

Also don't forget to connect drysuit inflater, preferable under 7' hose!

Lastly telling single non-diving girls that you scuba dive will not get you laid as diving is apparently dorky!!!

2 great dives and tons of classic moments top side.

Ok, I'm officially in for tomorrow too. Me and ingreevox so far.
Probably a little later, around noon, on the peninsula.

grunzster:
Also don't forget to connect drysuit inflater, preferable under 7' hose!

When your buddy is at about 15 feet and you're at 25 feet, and he's giving you the "I'm flailing around like mad, God help me" look, it probably means he forgot something important. Like attaching his drysuit inflator.

They get frustrated when you keep stopping them as they try to plug it in OVER the primary hose.. then you have to do it for them :wink:

errrr what an opening day, I dont even want to start. My reg froze up twice and my cam band snaped. Never had so much gear failure in my life. I think its time to invest in some env sealed first stages. But for the 10 minutes I was in the water, vis was great... temp around 42. I was warm but lips were pretty much numb. ILL BE BACK!!!!!! ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom