Dutch Springs 8/13 to 8/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought maybe Dive Inc. because I know they are doing AOW and OW classes there this weekend. I plan on camping there with some of the other guys going with Dive Inc. We will be parked on the left side of the quarry. I will have a 2004 Ford Expedition Green with Tan trim and NY plates.

The Holiday Inn is pretty close but just another mile or 2 down the road is the MacIntosh Inn, if you mention you are diving at Dutch the rooms are about $60 per night and are very clean pretty large and a good deal for the money. There are also a bunch of restaurants near the MacIntosh.

TTSkipper

JGB:
Skipper: No, I'm going with one of the LDS, Ocean Rock. I'm hoping the weather cooperates, I'm looking forward to getting many of my AOW dives in.

Like I said, I've never been there, so I don't know where I'll be parking/hanging out. I'll be in a gold Pathfinder.

Where does everyone stay when they go out there? I've heard the Holiday Inn is located very close.

-John

JGB:
Where does everyone stay when they go out there? I've heard the Holiday Inn is located very close.

-John

I bring my tent. The tent will be on top of a hill, only about 100 yards from the water shore. That's nice since u dont have to unpack/repack your gear every time u go...

*sigh* Looks like I am going to cancel my trip to Dutch Springs - it will be a bad weather this weekend. See yall next time.

wildmtn:
*sigh* Looks like I am going to cancel my trip to Dutch Springs - it will be a bad weather this weekend. See yall next time.
I hate to be the one to say it, but you missed a great weekend. The weather was actually fantastic, and the only minor drawback was the silt cloud from all the student fins, and the silt layer at about 40 feet. Hope you can make it next week.
-Andrew

fashionablylate:
I hate to be the one to say it, but you missed a great weekend. The weather was actually fantastic, and the only minor drawback was the silt cloud from all the student fins, and the silt layer at about 40 feet. Hope you can make it next week.
-Andrew

I agree, great weekend, except that the viz sucked big time!
I have just uploaded some pics, check it out:

http://gallery.wreckvalley.com/Dutch_Springs

Oh, but remember when 10' of vis was considered "Great vis"......?

It didn't help that it was overcast most of the morning.

I've got to agree, it was great there this weekend. Then again, I'd never been there prior to this.

I must admit, I may have been one of those who contributed to the poor vis on Saturday morning...but by Sunday after completing my AOW dives I got my boyancy control problems all worked out. All I needed to do is drop some weight and practice...Boy, it is so much more enjoyable once you improve on that single skill. I could actually relax and enjoy the dive rather than fight my boyancy problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom