Dutch on Sat. Aug. 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottNY

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to be diving Dutch on Sat. Aug. 12 with at least one buddy coming with me. Another on the DutchSprings.com buddy finder list will likely be there.

Anyone else who needs a buddy for Dutch on Sat. should do two things along the lines of the "trying to keep it going" Dutch buddy finder system:

* Post here that you're somewhat sure you'd be coming.
* Meet at the picnic table by the t-shirt shop at 9a or noon, mask in hand to indicate you're looking for the buddy finder group.
such

Scott

Ummm, if you need a buddy, wouldn't it be easier (on weekends) to just walk over to the Wreck Valley divers on the pennisula side, right accross from the new restrooms and get together with them? They usually even have a "Wreck Valley" banner up, so they're hard to miss. No need to wait around until 9am or noon with a mask in your hand (although I understand that some beers in hand could be helpful). Anyway, that's just my way of thinking. On a weekday, when the group isn't there, your idea seems like a great one. YMMV

I will be there Sat afternoon camping and staying untill Sunday afternoon. We plan on doing a night dive Sat if anyone wants to join.

francousteau:
Ummm, if you need a buddy, wouldn't it be easier (on weekends) to just walk over to the Wreck Valley divers on the pennisula side, right accross from the new restrooms and get together with them? They usually even have a "Wreck Valley" banner up, so they're hard to miss.

I think the guy who came up with the procedure, plus myself and others on some other boards, didn't know about this. I'll try to stop by tomorrow and say hello. Maybe making it easier for people to find your spot is to make sure all 3 'venues' are aware of that spot. (That is, this board, the DutchSprings.com buddy finder folks, and the Meetup.com NYC scuba group. There's probably others.)

Scott

Gonna try to get a ride up there tomorrow and visit you guys. Alot of people from my LDS are going to be there so hopefully I get up there myself for a couple dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom