Durable travelers fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are my "diving at home" fins, they are hard to beat for local conditions, I have Mares Quattro Avanti + as well [impulse buy], if you are prone to cramping [which I am not], buy these, the Excite pro are a little stiffer which may not suite everyone.
The 3 fins I see the most here are, RK3, Quattro Avanti and Go sport
I digress.

Travel fins for me are the SP Go Sport fins [which is the subject], great fit, light, easy on/off, just enough power for their size and weight, it's a trade off.
My 2 bubbles.
I'm just here to toss my vote into the "RK3 and Jet Fins" pile. Both fit exactly perfectly into my large suitcase. The rest of my dive gear goes into a non-descript gym bag. My frequent flyer program allows me to check two bags at no additional cost so it works out for me. I'd rather not compromise on fins.

Both fit exactly perfectly into my large suitcase.
That's fine in the "big bird" aeroplanes , Some places I go it is a non-descript duffle bag and a backpack , so it is space as well as weight.
The Go Sport are not that much of a compromise, but I see your point.
I will take less clothing, shoes etc as I try not to compromise on my dive gear [some rental gear is scary]. :thumb:

No lie about the rental gear. I’ve seen some nice rental gear, some well used/maintained rental gear and some downright trash.

Typically once I’m off the big bird, I’ll bungee my fins to my dive bag or just hand carry them.

I'm just here to toss my vote into the "RK3 and Jet Fins" pile. Both fit exactly perfectly into my large suitcase. The rest of my dive gear goes into a non-descript gym bag. My frequent flyer program allows me to check two bags at no additional cost so it works out for me. I'd rather not compromise on fins.
Did you see the Tecline Lightjets that JBorg recommends on page 3 of this tread? They look just like the Jetfins, so also same size, but are much lighter...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom