Dumping air with a single wing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
The trouble I have with "always" using the rear dump is that, in order to get air out of the feet of your drysuit, you *have* to blow trim a bit (or at least in my experience). Thus, in order to use my rear dump, I'm constantly doing this seasawing motion...feet up to dump from the wing, feet down to dump from the drysuit.
Hey Aaron,
Try to avoid using your whole body. Typically, just roll slightly to the right (this will raise the left side a bit) and raise just your rear end only, not your whole lower half....this will help you avoid shifting all that drysuit gas to your feet.

b.

BCS:
Hey Aaron,
Try to avoid using your whole body. Typically, just roll slightly to the right (this will raise the left side a bit) and raise just your rear end only, not your whole lower half....this will help you avoid shifting all that drysuit gas to your feet.

b.

It's not the shifting around dumping air from the wing that gets the gas in my feet, it's diving with my feet up in fairly decent trim...the air is in my feet just from diving and when I ascend, the air gets stuck up there, so, in order to get the gas out of there, I have to break trim in order to empty the feet. Part of the problem is the obnoxious, incompressible Bare drysuit boots I have. I am likely switching to *gasp* soft socks with a Rock Boot soon. :)

FreeFloat:
Now now, that was so not nice.....................

I was just trying to point out that after you build a little muscle memory it can become pretty much an automatic motion.

ROFL

I know it wasn't nice Larissa but I did think it WAS funny. You left an opening and I took it. :D

d33ps1x:
How do you dump the excess gas from your ego? Does it auto vent through your ears? :D
Ok, while I am not a DIR'er, I can definately see the point in learning your gear so well that any reaction is automatic. Remember, the only thing that keeps you alive is your gear and your brain.

d33ps1x:
ROFL

I know it wasn't nice Larissa but I did think it WAS funny. You left an opening and I took it. :D
At least you used a smiley....... :D

You asked for it mister........... just wait til I see you in the water next :eyebrow:

BCS:
Hey Aaron,

b.
I dive the Oxycheq 42# single. Learned about the butt-up move from Boogie (I think), and from UnclePug to make an "OK" with my thumb and finger around the dump valve, then close it to easily pull the string. Takes a little getting used to, but is now 2nd nature.

Rick Inman:
I dive the Oxycheq 42# single. Learned about the butt-up move from Boogie (I think), and from UnclePug to make an "OK" with my thumb and finger around the dump valve, then close it to easily pull the string. Takes a little getting used to, but is now 2nd nature.

Would that not be a 45# wing?

I heard from a mutual friend that you're heading west for the week-end ... and that I'll most likely be seeing you on Saturday ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If by "butt-up" you mean kinda bending your body in half like sitting in a chair, I know what you mean. I've done that myself. Sometimes I just find it more convenient to "adjust pitch angle" on my entire body though, laziness I suppose. Yes rolling your left side higher helps too. Besides, I rarely "burp" out more than an ounce or two (or feels/sounds like it, at least) at a time, just as I rarely do more than "tap" air into the wing.

NWGratefulDiver:
Would that not be a 45# wing?

I heard from a mutual friend that you're heading west for the week-end ... and that I'll most likely be seeing you on Saturday ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Yes, 45#.
EXCELLENT to see you!! It will be a BOB-fest! :11: I will forward you my PM to the other Bob (or are YOU the other Bob?).

How do I know when air stops coming out and water starts coming in? I was practicing with my oxycheq rear dump last night and poured a quart of water out after the dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom