Dump / OPV Valve Disassembly (XDeep)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
How does one take this apart? I need to get at the spring/rubber valve the string tugs on. I've tried everything non destructive I can think of. Any tips would be appreciated! This is on a Stealth 2.0 Tec DB if it matters.

Thanks

20220113_154918.jpeg

Soak in hot water for a while to kill any salt deposit, ice and hot baths back and forth, then break out tools and worst case cut it apart. If you can find enough friction, you may be able to hold it down against a rubber mat and then twist with a small rubber strap wrench.

Place it on a grippy surface and twist open with your shoed foot

I can't tell from the picture if the generic OPV still fits. They did on my Stealth Classic, but it's an older one. If they do, just replace it.

BTDT (wife's OxyCheq) - yep, it is either cross threaded of salt/sand seized. It may come apart with the soak/flush, but it is fairly inexpensive to replace. There is also a set of tools to work on it properly. They too are not costly and useful.

Looks like the generic parts, so these may be the ones:

I got all the parts to replace mine, and as it turned out, I was able to use the tools in some way to take the jammed one apart too. Nice to have some spare parts for when needed...

YMMV

Thanks for the tips! I'll give them a try next week, it's only been in salt water once like a year ago and in fresh ever since. I did soak it but didn't try the hot/cold trick. Bob thanks for the links to parts/tools as well!

Thanks for the tips! I'll give them a try next week, it's only been in salt water once like a year ago and in fresh ever since. I did soak it but didn't try the hot/cold trick. Bob thanks for the links to parts/tools as well!
If you have access to a 3d printer and your cheap like me, you can print the Bladder Flange tools:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I got the tools but they were not of any help removing the 2 stuck pieces (Bladder Flange to Dump Valve). I ended up removing the stuck Flange with destructive means but luckily the replacement from Dive Rite OPV worked and I was able to use the tool to secure it on the BC and didn't overtighten the Dump this time.

and didn't overtighten the Dump this time.
Glad you got it! It really may not have been about overtightening. Between mineral deposits, salt crystals, and sand, there are numerous ways those plastic on plastic parts wants to become one...

BTDT...

Back
Top Bottom