Dumb scuba products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US Navy SEALS would disagree about your first choice but what do they know...
:)

Though depending on the mission they might have a preference for compact for land carry. Long freediving fins might not be high on their list.

ETA: Premier elite forces tend to have ‘buy whatever you want’ authority for small items.

military use is not always a screaming endorsement of quality of effectiveness.

Yeah...but hardly “dumbest product” comparable to cheap plastic retractors.

US Navy SEALS would disagree about your first choice but what do they know...

I'm sure that a few SEALS found their way into Burger King from time to time; but I still wouldn't eat that crap, regardless of whether or not they endorsed it . . .

Unless you have a serious lack of leg strength, I find split fins to be pretty dumb.

Next time I see a SEAL , I'll check his fins. They're not very common locally nor germane to the conversation. But everyone has the right to their flavor of koolaid, I'm partial to long stiff freedive fins flavor.

Next time I see a SEAL , I'll check his fins. They're not very common locally nor germane to the conversation. But everyone has the right to their flavor of koolaid, I'm partial to long stiff freedive fins flavor.

Tried the original ones some twenty years back; was singularly unimpressed; will stick with Jet-fins . . .

Tried the original ones some twenty years back; was singularly unimpressed; will stick with Jet-fins . . .
The originals do not generate much thrust, though they are efficient. With scuba gear you really want the Pro/Flying or the Hockey or Excelorating. Beyond that, to each their own.

Another contender for a colossal design failure, is a free-diving / dive computer set-up by the mental giants over at Pyle.

It must have been tapioca Tuesday over there -- what they've produced, is a digital device with a non-functional bezel, to simulate that feature on traditional analogue dive watches, right down to the knurled edges. An even greater gaff, as if that were not enough, is the absolute lack of any actual or digital hands, with which to use said useless bezel . . .
But how will the great unwashed know you are a DIVER if your watch does not have a bezel I suspect that may be important to some people. I will admit that my only watch is a Seiko with a red and blue rotating bezel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom