Dumb safety stop question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Not like I'm planning this dive anytime soon, but I did a really shallow dive last week, <20', and it got me thinking.

According to the RDP any dive shallower than 35' is calculated to 35' and at that depth any dive longer than 139min requires a safety stop at 15'.

So if I was to dive for longer than that at say 18', my max depth from that dive, what depth would I do my safety stop at?

or even better

What if you dove for that long at only 15'?

MechDiver

Thanks so much for weeding through all the garb and getting right down to the point at hand:thumb: LOL

As a new diver, the chance of your air lasting long enough for you to get into trouble at 20' of depth is pretty slim. That said, multiple dives could easily bring you to No DCL limits

5615mike once bubbled...
MechDiver

Thanks so much for weeding through all the garb and getting right down to the point at hand:thumb: LOL

It's nice to feel appreciated. I did have to put alot of thought into the answer :rolleyes:

MD

I'll be doing a 14-day dive in a saltwater facility that's around 15 feet deep.

Even after 14 days, there is no decompression obligation.

That said, I'll be draining the pool at the end, rather than simply surfacing and climbing out, for a variety of reasons... Including so that there can effectively be a long, exact, and even "ascent."

:D

MechDiver once bubbled...

It's nice to feel appreciated. I did have to put alot of thought into the answer :rolleyes:

MD

LOL..........That's what I thought

How (and why) does one do a 14-day dive?
:snorkel:ScubaRon

How: With a lot of care, prior preparation, training, and "working up to it." You also involve a lot of surface support and the Guinness Book.

Why: I go pretty in-depth into the reason in another thread (search for "Guinness Book"), but suffice to say it's to realize a dream that I've had since I was a child. :)

Back
Top Bottom