Dumb & Dumber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I over prepare. I usually have a full second set of fins, mask and snorkel with me. I also try to have extra weights, they are always needed by someone it seems.

Charlie99:
A couple shots from Cozumel. Dangling console and BCD/drysuit inflator are optional. And yes, the woman in the far background of the 2nd shot also has only 1 fin. She had only one leg and the two guys figured that if she could dive with 1 fin, they should be able to also.
LOL, thanks for the pictures Charlie. Sometimes pictures say 1000 words. I'm not sure I would have even got close enough to those divers to take pictures! Scary,

Matt

QUOTE=hoosier]I was a real dumb and dumber yesterday. :mad: I didn’t bring the fin so that I couldn’t dive. Even, my buddy couldn’t dive because of me.:banghead: It made me feel terrible because I ruined someone’s valuable time and schedule.:sorry19z: It also made me keep asking myself what is the matter with me. :crying2: I am still a real newbie in this world.

Have you had any same experience as mine? I hope not.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Being said buddy that couldn't dive that night, it was no big deal. I looked at it from the positive side. I got to meet a new friend, who by the way has a great gear set up and a great attitude! Showed me a cool tool box that I still need to get out and buy. And is over all just a great guy. I had a great time meeting you and hope we dive soon!

cpmyoung:
Ok, Being said buddy that couldn't dive that night, it was no big deal. I looked at it from the positive side. I got to meet a new friend, who by the way has a great gear set up and a great attitude! Showed me a cool tool box that I still need to get out and buy. And is over all just a great guy. I had a great time meeting you and hope we dive soon!

Now that shows a great attitude.

Remember the safety rule: Anyone can thumb the dive at any time. This also applies before getting into the water if someone has a problem with equipment or conditions.

Our Northeast sales rep was in town for a few days this week, and he, our sales manager, and the owner of Zeagle decided to drive over to Jupiter last night and do a few dives today (Friday). I needed to stay at Zeagle and hold down the fort, so I lent our visiting diver my Stiletto BC, complete reg setup, and basically all my thermal protection stuff...

This afternoon I got a call from them once they finished their dives. "How was the diving?", I asked.

"It was good, but Jeff almost didn't get to dive."

"Why...what happened?"

"You reg set up is DIN, but all the tanks on the boat were yoke!"

"Aw @#%$", says I, "I haven't dove with yoke tanks in so long I totally forgot about that!"

Well, luckily Jeff decided to set up his rig while we were just leaving the dock, so they pulled back in and ran in and got him a converter, otherwise I would have screwed up HIS dive!!

Thanks to the folks at Jupiter Diver Center in Jupiter, FL for being good natured enough to laugh it off and take care of the issue!!!

It can happen to anyone!!!

Scott

cpmyoung:

Well, there you have it ... when life hands you lemons, make lemonade ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for your generosity and kind words. I couldn't resist my foolishness after that happening. So, I post here to get some good tips and advices to prevent the same mistake in future. Sure, let’s arrange another dive soon.

Thanks,

cpmyoung:

ibnygator:
I was on a dive boat last week and there was an instructor and a student doing an AOW deep dive. They got geared up first and the instructor reached into his bag and realized that he had forgotten his fins. Could happen to anyone...

As for me, it helps to be anal retentive. I always pack the night before and I stand with my gear spread in front of me on the floor, start from my feet, recite every piece of gear required and pack them as I go. Haven't forgotten anything yet.

Hey, I use the same protocol! Combined this with my Boyscout training (knives, knots and fires) with an urge to always carry extra gear in the "save a dive" kit, I have most situations covered. Most, but not all!

Back
Top Bottom