Dumaguete or Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow....taking the plunge....CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!

Well I can’t fault your choice since I think the diving is great in PG also. And truth be told, I am heading to PG myself for this special long weekend. I chose PG because my girlfriend and I did our first “real” dive together there (after my certification was complete).

I’m taking another first plunge with her this weekend, at least I hope so. The plan is to do our last dive on Saturday and hit the surface at around dusk. Then I will propose to her while we are on the surface. I’ve got this tin box I’ve been rusting in water hidden in our flat. I will pull it out with the ring inside in a “look what I found” kind of way. I hope the surprise goes over well. I’m getting nervous with time ticking away.

Wish me luck!

If she says yes, K-Girl, I might have to change my assessment and make PG my favorite :)

Cheers!

awwwwwwwwww..... :inlove: u must tell us how it goes! good luck!!!

Well I can’t fault your choice since I think the diving is great in PG also. And truth be told, I am heading to PG myself for this special long weekend. I chose PG because my girlfriend and I did our first “real” dive together there (after my certification was complete).

I’m taking another first plunge with her this weekend, at least I hope so. The plan is to do our last dive on Saturday and hit the surface at around dusk. Then I will propose to her while we are on the surface. I’ve got this tin box I’ve been rusting in water hidden in our flat. I will pull it out with the ring inside in a “look what I found” kind of way. I hope the surprise goes over well. I’m getting nervous with time ticking away.

Wish me luck!

If she says yes, K-Girl, I might have to change my assessment and make PG my favorite :)

Cheers!

Good luck on your proposal.
Just be careful while handling the ring. If your gilrfriend have gloves on she might drop it and be lost.:no Just kidding.

I actually have a contingency plan for that, if you can believe it. I’ve had a duplicate ring made that isn’t cheap, but not as costly as the real deal. It will look the part long enough for the boat to get back. Then I cam give her the real deal while we are land.

I have a black thread that I bought which I will tether to my BCD. This will give us enough time to get it on her finger. Then I will ( in true diver style) cut the string with my dive knife. It is either romantic or stupid. We’ll see!

I figured it was a good insurance policy doing it this way, and if nothing goes wrong, I get to be the guy who gave my girl two rings and not just one the rest of the yahoos :)

We’ll see how that pans out.

Cheers!

I have a friend that proposed to his (now wife) better half on the sandy bottom of canyons. It was very romantic and exciting when we all huddled around them to make sure we watched the ring as he placed it on her finger after he used his slate to pop the question. The lady was so surprised that she breathed out a 12 liter tank in about 20 minutes. It was romantic and mushy.....good stuff.

I have a friend that proposed to his (now wife) better half on the sandy bottom of canyons. It was very romantic and exciting when we all huddled around them to make sure we watched the ring as he placed it on her finger after he used his slate to pop the question. The lady was so surprised that she breathed out a 12 liter tank in about 20 minutes. It was romantic and mushy.....good stuff.

man, im glad she said yes. :inlove:

nothing is more embarrassing that popping a very important, life changing question with other people around and the answer is "no".

We would have left her.......bwahahaha

We would have left her.......bwahahaha

bwahahhahaha.... that would have been horrific for her, with her air running out. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom